Depression

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I've not suffered from it, but know those who have. If you do, hopefully this will give you courage, and reason, to continue to fight.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
If overcoming depression were as easy as just falling on your knees and praying, then wouldn't life be great. As one who is a believer with a strong prayer life and faith in Jesus Christ, I can state that there is more to overcoming depression than asking God to make it go away. Depression has many roots, born of life's circumstances, whether the result of bad choices or a physical condition, people don't come into this world suffering from depression. One of the most asked questions of pastors is "I've prayed for healing, why hasn't God healed me?" Can God heal any type of sickness be it physical or mental? Of course He can but it takes a level of faith that most Christians don't have.

A person suffering from depression certainly needs prayer and they need to pray, but they also need medical help. If I understood the article correctly then to overcome depression just pray, blame the devil, refuse to believe the lies, and presto life will be great. Not that easy or that simple.