Deleting old phone numbers.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Anybody else have trouble doing this?

Back in my day, you just stopped getting phone calls from certain people. Poof, gone.

Nowadays, you (we) have a personal "phone book" on our phones or emails.

And if you're getting as old as I am, you sometimes scroll through this phone book and come upon names/numbers you know you will never get a call/text from again. Family, friends, or both (aka members from this site).

I choose not to delete them, I keep them in there. Though it is sometimes hard to see their name and know you can't contact them anymore. Other times it can bring a cheerful memory to an otherwise less than cheerful day.

Getting older has its drawbacks.

Last edited:

CanAmMan

Twelve Pointer
I don't normally delete many numbers off my phone but I just recently had to delete my mom's cell number. She has been gone almost 3 years now and I just couldn't stand to see her number while scrolling thru my phone book. That was very hard to do.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do periodically, except for one that belonged to an old friend who passed away a few of years ago. I keep that one I guess as a memoriam....

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can't help but pause when I do it, particularly if a family member who's passed away, but after a few weeks or so I do remove it.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
It doesn't hurt to leave the contact info there.....sometimes like you say, it may bring an unexpected smile to your face.

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
It's difficult but too painful. I have waited over a year to delete them but ultimately I have to. :-(

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
My dads been gone for almost 4 years now for some reason I can't bring myself to delete the numbers.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

ditchbank

Banned
My dad has been gone since 2001, I had a message from him on an answering machine that I kept for 5years after he was gone. It took that long to push the delete button.