Delayed Harvest

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I'm going to fish Sunday or Monday. Hoping the water isn't too high

Check the stock reports and then find headwater streams that are on a SE slope.

They get the least rain once the smokies squeeze the moisture out. I like to hike or bike to the absolute farthest spot the stock truck can get. Usually find clean water.

If you’re fishing the Catawba, check the release schedule or take a kayak

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I rode my bike to some DH today.
Caught 40 fish. Weeded through them to make a limit of 12+ inch fish

Gorgeous day by myself with hungry fish.
Might go back in the morning
We going back in the morning. If you want to fish, PM me tonight and be ready to fish at 530 at McDonalds by sportsman’s warehouse on 26.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Caught 30ish on the fly rod up to 14”
Pink worm streamed through pools.

Kept 7 over 12” to smoke.

Caught maybe 10 on the spinner working my way back to the car.

Gorgeous day. Already home.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Looks familiar
I know if that place existed in Burke county where I grew up, there wouldn’t even be a sucker left in that stream, much less a trout.

Nice that there’s enough room to spread out up here. Makes me laugh when I see people stacked up shoulder to shoulder on the side of the road at a stocking bridge fishing for a couple 8” fish.

When I go another mile up the road and put in a modicum of effort, it’s fish every cast.
People are funny.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I know if that place existed in Burke county where I grew up, there wouldn’t even be a sucker left in that stream, much less a trout.

Nice that there’s enough room to spread out up here. Makes me laugh when I see people stacked up shoulder to shoulder on the side of the road at a stocking bridge fishing for a couple 8” fish.

When I go another mile up the road and put in a modicum of effort, it’s fish every cast.
People are funny.
Might try to start marking other good fishing I can ride into. It’s pretty fun.

I’m working on a roughly 20 mile downhill ride next spring. Overnight camp in hammocks.
Turkey hunt in the morning, fish afternoon, hunt the next morning, ride out and fish along the way.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
One my favorite streams is a 2 mile creek gated at start I usually don't start casting till 3/4 mile in still gets crowded though flat walk in

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Might try to start marking other good fishing I can ride into. It’s pretty fun.

I’m working on a roughly 20 mile downhill ride next spring. Overnight camp in hammocks.
Turkey hunt in the morning, fish afternoon, hunt the next morning, ride out and fish along the way.
Sounds like my kinda day. I'm passed a 20 mile round but I still do a many a turkey trout trip. One my favorite things is a quick scout trip at daybreak to listen then hit delayed water through March

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You’re in a good hole up there. I like that country.

I'm just excited he's into this stuff, now. Tried to get him into this and hunting, between 5&7. Not really interested in either.

Now, at 13, he's all about it. Even wants to go hunting this year.

We live about 6 minutes from this hole. This'll be our go-to, quick-catch, to scratch his itch on days we can't go further.

We've had good luck at other spots, but he said "Daddy, I like the other spots, but can we go to a different one? It's fun fishing new spots, because you don't know what to expect."

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm just excited he's into this stuff, now. Tried to get him into this and hunting, between 5&7. Not really interested in either.

Now, at 13, he's all about it. Even wants to go hunting this year.

We live about 6 minutes from this hole. This'll be our go-to, quick-catch, to scratch his itch on days we can't go further.

We've had good luck at other spots, but he said "Daddy, I like the other spots, but can we go to a different one? It's fun fishing new spots, because you don't know what to expect."
That's nice stretch water. good times with kid can't beat it