Deer stands

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
academy sports has a good one we have one on our property,love it, name brand is game winner 2man quad pod,around $330.00

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I had a local welder make a quad pod for me for $200. It was great. My bride killed her first deer out of it and on another Saturday we doubled up simultaneously. I'd still have it if not for some thief.

Stuart

Button Buck
academy sports has a good one we have one on our property,love it, name brand is game winner 2man quad pod,around $330.00

Did you buy or do they offer an attachment that will keep you enclosed. And if so does it offer side windows.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Did you buy or do they offer an attachment that will keep you enclosed. And if so does it offer side windows.
THEY DO OFFER AN ENCLOSURE FOR IT,BUT WE DON'T HAVE ONE,BELIEVE IT HAS WINDOWS ALL AROUND LIKE A BLIND,IT'S LIKE A $100.00 BUCKS

Last edited:

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Home made.

If this is even in the realm of possible, I would strongly x2 this. I know sometimes it's not practical or possible - we live in a HOA and I know they'd have a fit if I tried, let alone us not having a garage. But, if you can do so, homemade is the best route.

For example, my house in Texas, I easily built one in my garage during my off hours and weekends. I made it 4x6 since I'm a bigger fella and because I get restless during long sits, made it 7' high so that I can stand up fully and move around a bit. I also installed shelves. It amazes me how a lot of the premade's don't have shelves. Makes storing gear very easy - especially if you're confident it won't be broken into. Also, if you make it yourself, you can do things like caulking inside and out. I never had bugs or weather problems. Good paint and a little yearly TLC and a home made box blind can last you years and years.

If it's not possible, there are some good ones out there. Members on here near you may be able to make one, I see some on Craigslist every now and then as well as stores like Academy or Bass Pro. You can also order online. I know a guy who is ordering several of the Cedar Blinds that are popular. Of course, you can go all out and order a custom made fiberglass blind, but then we're talking big bucks and not the ones we put in the freezer :sneaky:

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
THEY DO OFFER AN ENCLOSURE FOR IT,BUT WE DON'T HAVE ONE,BELIEVE IT HAS WINDOWS ALL AROUND LIKE A BLIND,IT'S LIKE A $100.00 BUCKS

I bought the tower and the kit to enclose it. Very nice especially on a damp or windy day. Only adjustment I’ll make this year is putting plywood over the grated floor. I’m clumsy and drop stuff through it ?.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I bought the tower and the kit to enclose it. Very nice especially on a damp or windy day. Only adjustment I’ll make this year is putting plywood over the grated floor. I’m clumsy and drop stuff through it ?.
Agrisupply and tractor supply have rubber horse stall mats that work well for floors and don’t transmit noise as well as plywood

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What are you looking for in a "4 legged stand"? There are a wide range of options, prices, and quality.

If you are wanting cheaper and portable, I'd go with a metal quad-pod style. Home made is good for a box, but you'll spend $300-$400 just in materials. 4'x6' is a good size. I don't like the cheaper plastic box stands that are commercially sold. If you're buying a box, you need to look in the $1000 range, for better quality.

Tripod/quads are good for a portable stands looking down long lanes when no good trees are present, but I have become a fan of boxes on any property you plan to keep for awhile. The additional protection against noise, scent, and weather is worth it. Kids have skewed that decision though.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Just saw that academy had the quad pod in the hunting discount section for $199 and the cover for sale at a good discount on line.