Deer Stand Improvement

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
Back in March I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus and a broken femur (I fell on the bad knee and broke the end of the femur). The pain was great after the surgery and I couldn't walk without some sort of aid. After surgery, I used a wheel chair, graduated to a walker, then crutches, and now a cane. I still can't walk well but my husband is determined that I am going to hunt with him this Fall. So he moved the box stand that I hunt in to level, flat ground and built me a set of stairs going to the top with rails on each side of the steps. I could just hug his neck. I love the steps and although I get to the top slowly, I can get there. I am so excited. We always get things ready when it's cool in the Spring for the hunt in the Fall. I'm ready!

I forget to make a picture but I'll try to remember next time we go back.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good deal! Stairs work great on box stands for the "handicapped". I have a good friend in Warrenton that has been handicapped from birth. He gets around on crutches. Some years ago, me and some friends put up a box stand for him. For a long time, he just pulled himself up the ladder. Several years ago, some of the guys put in stairs for him and it worked out great. He's spent MANY enjoyable evenings hunting out of that stand.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So he moved the box stand that I hunt in to level, flat ground and built me a set of stairs going to the top with rails on each side of the steps. I could just hug his neck. I love the steps and although I get to the top slowly, I can get there.

Sounds like as keeper for sure.

PS: I'm picturing a solar powered/battery operated "stair-chair-lift" next !