Deer hunting on Piedmont game lands

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I need input on Rifle hunting deer on Piedmont public game lands. Which lands are productive, not over hunted, and accessible. Currently looking at Alcoa, Jordan, and Uwharrie . I have hunted the family farm in western NY since my teenage years. But moved to Charlotte 15 years ago. I do not know anyone who owns land here in NC. So I’m desperate enough to start looking at public land. But I know nothing about it and would like help to at least start scoutIng somewhere with promise. Any and all advice is welcome.

@nccatfisher gave you some of the best advice you'll be getting. Good luck !

truthbetold

Four Pointer
I need input on Rifle hunting deer on Piedmont public game lands. Which lands are productive, not over hunted, and accessible. Currently looking at Alcoa, Jordan, and Uwharrie . I have hunted the family farm in western NY since my teenage years. But moved to Charlotte 15 years ago. I do not know anyone who owns land here in NC. So I’m desperate enough to start looking at public land. But I know nothing about it and would like help to at least start scoutIng somewhere with promise. Any and all advice is welcome.

Make sure to check the regs. I was disappointed to find out Uwharrie is only moderate gun season with only 13 days for either sex.

I try to get my bucks by the end of ML season for this reason.

In addition, I hunt a lot of Alcoa and some Uwharrie. I'd be glad to help you out. I grew up in south Charlotte and never was even exposed to hunting until in my 20s. Send me a private message if you want and I will get in touch with you by phone.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Make sure to check the regs. I was disappointed to find out Uwharrie is only moderate gun season with only 13 days for either sex.

I try to get my bucks by the end of ML season for this reason.

In addition, I hunt a lot of Alcoa and some Uwharrie. I'd be glad to help you out. I grew up in south Charlotte and never was even exposed to hunting until in my 20s. Send me a private message if you want and I will get in touch with you by phone.
Hey Truthbetold.