Batter?
Well high or low temp
Slow cook
Rare or well done?
Onions mixed or not.
Thanks I’m advance

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Tons of recipes and options out there. Sliced, lightly flowered, pan fried to medium rare is my quick and easy.
chopped up for tacos is pretty good too.
Marinated and grilled with peppers and onions or get a little more adventurous and make ceviche

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Slice into thin strips.
Pan fry in real butter over medium heat. Sprinkle lightly with Cavender's Greek spice while cooking.
Cook to rare/medium rare.....Enjoy !

Fastest easiest wsy I know.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Slice the whole way across the heart, fry up some onions in butter, then flash fry the heart to medium rare with Tony C’s. Drop a bagel or biscuit in the pan to warm up/get the juices leftover. Throw some spicy mayo on there, heap the onions and heart, and enjoy the best part of your deer

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Slice from valve to tip or slice tip then up to larger diameter or does it matter?

when Med rare you say cooking to 120 degrees ?? Thanks

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I want to try the heart recipes/mine so bad I'm going to call a processor and see if I can "hang" out and "harvest" some hearts. Hopefully the answer is yes and...I will have at least a few recipes worth. 😁😁

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Slice from valve to tip or slice tip then up to larger diameter or does it matter?

when Med rare you say cooking to 120 degrees ?? Thanks
I start at the valve and make slices across it, if that’s what you’re asking. Maybe 3/8-1/2”. I usually cook it really hot and fast. A minute per side usually does it where I like it. Cut one open and if you want it more done just keep cooking

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
Marinate thin strips overnight in tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce. and garlic. Take the strips out and put on a smoker for a couple hours. It's so good you'll be at the store the next day buying up all the beef heart in the grocery.