Deer corn and turkeys?

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Dang yea people abuse that way to often. Well hopefully you’ll change your mind and take a crack at some of the birds.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Contact the Wildlife Commission, maybe there is a resource to get the flock relocated.
I'd like to hear that phone call..."Uh, yes I would like all of the turkeys in my local flock relocated to another area, please." "What's that? No, I'm sure the neighboring turkey hunters won't mind."

If the WRC won't take care of a problem bear roaming Piedmont neighborhoods, they aren't going to take care of problem turkeys eating corn in the woods.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Only thing that has slowed the turkeys from eating so much of mine is to let them see you about once a week near the corn. They usually go away for a few days

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
Maybe I will just light 'em up with the shotgun one evening. I bet the coyotes would have then cleaned up before morning. Now, that's illegal, so of course I wouldn't do something like that. 😏

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe I will just light 'em up with the shotgun one evening. I bet the coyotes would have then cleaned up before morning. Now, that's illegal, so of course I wouldn't do something like that. 😏
they'll stand there- flog the flopping ones and decide HMMMM more for me. They are so dumb. You'll have to kill them all because they wont quit.
and they aint learned nocturnal yet.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
and they aint learned nocturnal yet.
The Hallorans told me a story about moonlight turkeys in Hawaii. Private land birds, no natural predators out there. Said they were told DO NOT CALL before shooting light😂 They may or may not have done it just to see what would happen🤷‍♂️

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The Hallorans told me a story about moonlight turkeys in Hawaii. Private land birds, no natural predators out there. Said they were told DO NOT CALL before shooting light😂 They may or may not have done it just to see what would happen🤷‍♂️
well one moonlight night in texas i heard one gobble when we ran over a cattle guard on the way to our listening spots.. No one else heard it. I made them let me out.
When i got out in the dark some flew down , I sit down, some flew back up and all hell commenced every time you called in the dark. when they flew back down at daylight it was over pretty quick. :)
This ranch was hunted 2 weeks every year and the birds had decided that a lone grove of trees was better than the draws since the last time it had been hunted.
Knowing David I can guess exactly what he did with the aloha birds. He should work that into a name for one of his calls.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
We - the landowner and I - have been through that before. Due to some jackwagon that another family member allowed to hunt, who then acted like he owned the place and started bringing disrespectful friends along and generally making an ass of himself, the whole family said "no more!" and stopped everyone but myself. That's because I'm very close to the family and have gone out of my way in the past to help them during some difficult situations. Plus, I help out on the farm and with the cows on occasion.
Well… I will come call and you shoot! Problem solved… since you will be the hunter

PS I do not take responsibility for any addiction or obsessions with turkeys that will occur afterwards 🤪