Deer Cape Needed

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Does anybody have an extra deer cape for about a 150 lb. deer that they would be willing to part with within a reasonable drive of Elizabethtown?
My cousin shot a nice buck he wanted to mount, but didn't cut the cape back far enough on the belly.

m704

Six Pointer
Does anybody have an extra deer cape for about a 150 lb. deer that they would be willing to part with within a reasonable drive of Elizabethtown?
My cousin shot a nice buck he wanted to mount, but didn't cut the cape back far enough on the belly.
Most taxidermist should have some shop capes at least mine has worked out good

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have one still attached to the head and plan on removing it and doing my own euro within a few weeks. Its in great shape with no holes and plenty of hide for a mount.

It was a 175lb buck.

I have never caped out a head but feel confident I could do it well with YouTube as my guide.

I’m in Raleigh if you’re interested you can have it at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ermiller1016

Four Pointer
Contributor
Did you find one? Most taxidermist have extra capes that are not tanned and will provide one at no charge if you pay them to mount deer.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have one still attached to the head and plan on removing it and doing my own euro within a few weeks. Its in great shape with no holes and plenty of hide for a mount.

It was a 175lb buck.

I have never caped out a head but feel confident I could do it well with YouTube as my guide.

I’m in Raleigh if you’re interested you can have it at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ho ace. Sorry in the delayed reply. I haven't checked this thread in a while, since it's been so long since my OP. I'm trying to get up with my cousin now about it. Not sure what shift he's working though.