Deer blind option

mrnoshootemaintgood

Four Pointer
Trying to figure out what would be good to use to finish these out as a stand. Metal probably for roof but what for sides? It will be on a 7x7 platform

Attachments

• 8E9D9389-02BB-47BD-B977-5EC9DC0DFA89.png
    8E9D9389-02BB-47BD-B977-5EC9DC0DFA89.png
    489.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 5B65FA74-E799-44C5-BAA6-8A3E46E874EF.jpeg
    5B65FA74-E799-44C5-BAA6-8A3E46E874EF.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 37

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
metal would probably be the most economic way to wrap it. weight would probably be less then any wood product.
Just make sure to line the inside with carpet to dampen the noise. I would line it with carpet no matter what you use.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’d do the walls as well. Is there a foam product out there other than in the cans?

likely, and even though I said blow in some I'd think that even the insulation sheets/boards would work - just something to deaden the sound of rain beating on the drum

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Could even use outdoor carpet and fasten it on the top of the metal roof, will eventually grow some moss on it and look even more natural perhaps

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
My friend owns a shop and does the spray in bedliners so sometimes he has the old plastic liners laying around. See if any of your local shops do this and will give you the old liners.
Cut em to size and spray em if you don't like the black.
They work great for stands.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My friend owns a shop and does the spray in bedliners so sometimes he has the old plastic liners laying around. See if any of your local shops do this and will give you the old liners.
Cut em to size and spray em if you don't like the black.
They work great for stands.
good idea.