Decline in churches

DFisher

Eight Pointer
From a 24 year olds perspective, I tend to think about this in two separate ways.
1) YES Islam and other “cooler” religions are taking its place ...
But also
2) It’s so easy to just log on to any churches Virtual Worship and just watch from home. You can view it on Facebook even, so a lot of folks are in church but not “in” church anymore.
Over 80% of the other self proclaimed Christians at my college do this for their “church services” and I’m sure that a lot of their friends do it to - so that % only gets exponential by the numbers I’m sure.

Hebrews 10: 24-25
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

We need to go to church. Watching on the internet is better than not at all, but we need to go, to fellowship, to encourage each other. More so now than ever.

My church went all out liberal. Baptized my children there 15 years ago, and it's like the twilight zone now. They preach "white guilt" each week and then pass the collection plate afterwards. In the church bulletin, they posted a prayer for Obama each week, but when Trump was elected, that message disappeared from the bulletin. I'm not a genius, but that is so telling.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My church went all out liberal. Baptized my children there 15 years ago, and it's like the twilight zone now. They preach "white guilt" each week and then pass the collection plate afterwards. In the church bulletin, they posted a prayer for Obama each week, but when Trump was elected, that message disappeared from the bulletin. I'm not a genius, but that is so telling.
Good grief. I'm hoping you aren't still there.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Sadly it’s relativism that churches are caving to... and most have Never been discipled enough to know any better