Dealing w death of father

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
So sorry for your loss. The advise given above comes from some very wise gentlemen.

I would add two things: Continue to live a life that would be pleasing to your father. And take the things that he taught you and pass that on to others. Look for joy in knowing that you are making the world a better place just the way he did in raising you.
Thank you for the wise words, I aim to live in a way that would make him proud each day.

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
Prayers for you and your family.

Asking why may not get you anywhere but talking to God is never a bad thing. Pray all you can but specifically make time to listen for answers. We often talk to God when we are in need, minds racing, trying to make sense of everything going on. That prayer is heard no less, but us humans don’t have the infinite wisdom needed to always hear answers under the same set of circumstances. Translation: God hears our cries but our crying can prevent us from hearing God.
Thank you so much for this, I needed to hear that!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I lost my father at 18. Cancer. Once he was gone I realized how little about the man I actually knew. Asked everyone who knew him as much as I could as I got older and better able to understand the answers and to square them with what I remember of him.

I wasn't, and still am not a terribly spiritual person. I didn't find any peace or answers from prayer or god. The only thing that helped me was time. But...time does help. Eventually.

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
I lost my father at 18. Cancer. Once he was gone I realized how little about the man I actually knew. Asked everyone who knew him as much as I could as I got older and better able to understand the answers and to square them with what I remember of him.

I wasn't, and still am not a terribly spiritual person. I didn't find any peace or answers from prayer or god. The only thing that helped me was time. But...time does help. Eventually.
Thank you, Tipmoose, I’m thankful for the kind words!

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've lost mine in October 25th and my brother the year before, death is never easy to deal with. I'm sorry for your loss and hope things get easier to deal with. It never gets better we just learn to cope better.

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
I've lost mine in October 25th and my brother the year before, death is never easy to deal with. I'm sorry for your loss and hope things get easier to deal with. It never gets better we just learn to cope better.
Thank you for the kind words, I'm sorry for your losses as well. May we live lives that would make them proud.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Always seems that rabbit season is the toughest time for me to deal with my father's passing, was one of the few things we could talk about. Prayers for you and your family