Dead Canada Goose

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Just found this dead Canada goose floating in the reservoir at the place where the turtles hang out. No neck or head. The turtles were eating the body when I found it. Not sure what happened. Could a predator have gotten it?

I left a message on the park director's phone about it. Didn't know what else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_173902579.jpg
    IMG_20190414_173902579.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 61

6mm250

Eight Pointer
I didn't question the reason for the post itself , I questioned the need for reporting a dead goose.
Geese are common to the point of being vermin in many areas of NC , around public parks , lakes & golf courses.
I daresay several geese drop dead every day in NC.
Do people call to report dead possums on the roadways ?

Mike

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I
I didn't question the reason for the post itself , I questioned the need for reporting a dead goose.
Geese are common to the point of being vermin in many areas of NC , around public parks , lakes & golf courses.
I daresay several geese drop dead every day in NC.
Do people call to report dead possums on the roadways ?

Mike
I'm 52 years old and lived my life in the woods, on golf courses and on many a bodies of water and I've never seen what OP saw. See something say something is what we teach our kids.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I seen a male and female with little ones the other week. Every time they let there guard down there was another one there that would attack them and the small ones. I could see them killing each other. It was aggressive.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
a weasle or mink will ear the head seen it first hand in a chicken pen they love to eat birds heads off....a dead goose is a good goose if you golf them things are just nasty

KrisB

Ten Pointer
This particular park around the reservoir sees very high use by hikers, families with kids, runners, etc, etc. I thought the park should be notified in case they want to remove the dead goose. It's up to them whether they feel that's necessary or not.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
This particular park around the reservoir sees very high use by hikers, families with kids, runners, etc, etc. I thought the park should be notified in case they want to remove the dead goose. It's up to them whether they feel that's necessary or not.

And spoil the turtle's party? Turtles gotta eat too!

Mike

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Turtle lives matter.

"Turtles gotta eat too" , Josey Wales said so , or something like that

Mike
Josey was talking about land critters, but I suspect if them pilgrims would have gotten themselves killed in the water he would have added turtles to the list. LMAO

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My bad! I thought it was a turkey on opening day. On a separate note, disregard my observation of the "hissing" turkey on that other forum...

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
A hawk will eat the head off too. Might have killed it close to water then found it too heavy move (like they did my chckens) then the turtles got it and dragged it in. Either way you can say that goose is cooked. If you said what is good for the goose is good for the gander you'd be wishing death on those grass eatin pooping machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Can't get your fill of liberals in Chapel Hill?
Plenty of conservatives in Cary but d ont worry Cary will be annexxing your neighborhood in the near future. One of my neighbors works for the town and trust me they have their crosshairs on your area there. Welcome to Cary!