Daytona............... 24 Hr.

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just a heads up for any road racing fans. The 24 Hr. of Daytona will start tomorrow at 2:35 PM. Coverage will begin at 2:00 on NBCSN and all coverage will be there this year. They did a pretty good preview show yesterday which wil be replayed tomorrow at 1. Got a bunch of the regular NASCAR announcers working it including Dale Jr. I think it will run from 2-5 then maybe 9-midnight then comes back at around 6AM to the finish......... I think. Will be interesting to see Alex Zanardi driving again.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
Just a heads up for any road racing fans. The 24 Hr. of Daytona will start tomorrow at 2:35 PM. Coverage will begin at 2:00 on NBCSN and all coverage will be there this year. They did a pretty good preview show yesterday which wil be replayed tomorrow at 1. Got a bunch of the regular NASCAR announcers working it including Dale Jr. I think it will run from 2-5 then maybe 9-midnight then comes back at around 6AM to the finish......... I think. Will be interesting to see Alex Zanardi driving again.
I heard about Zanardi yesterday. It's crazy that he's in a car again

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You should have seen the driver changes in the prelim show. He actually crawls out of the car then crawls back up on the roll cage sidebars and helps the next driver buckle up about as fast as a normal driver change. It's incredible to watch.

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah....... because the spend so much time standing around and scratching or warming their hands between somebody else"s cheeks. LOL. At least these guys are still turning wheels the whole time.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
Rain rain rain! Other than that its hard to keep up with it. Chip Ganassi running Fords and Penske rynning Acura??????

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was working the race in 2004 when we had the last stoppage. It was raining so hard the cars were falling off the banking. After a few hours of racing the apron of the banking is so dirty there is no way to drive down there so they have to stop. Still a great race between Wayne Taylor and Penske and the GTLM race is still anyone's.