Daytime Coyote

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I might have had this happen before but today is the first time I know for sure that it happened. No catch this morning around 9:00 when I checked but was in the trap around 3:00 when my son headed to the woods for his evening deer hunt. It was a female pup that was foul hooked but that did not get her a pass. Neither did her singing.

Song Dog Video

She was walking around a T-bone set in the edge of a cut bean field and stepped on the sweet spot. I had the trap attached to a pre hooked drag so anything caught could get out of the open field in some saplings. Using drags like this also preserves the set most of the time and makes the re-make easy. Here is the remake, ready for the next one.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I might have had this happen before but today is the first time I know for sure that it happened. No catch this morning around 9:00 when I checked but was in the trap around 3:00 when my son headed to the woods for his evening deer hunt. It was a female pup that was foul hooked but that did not get her a pass. Neither did her singing.

Song Dog Video

She was walking around a T-bone set in the edge of a cut bean field and stepped on the sweet spot. I had the trap attached to a pre hooked drag so anything caught could get out of the open field in some saplings. Using drags like this also preserves the set most of the time and makes the re-make easy. Here is the remake, ready for the next one.

View attachment 36839
Beautiful remake. Once I lay off the beavers for a bit, I’m gonna try the drags I got from Mr John last year. I like the idea of the critters being able to get outta the open and not fight an earth anchor for hours