Days Inn, Mooresville NC

venom17

Six Pointer
Got a trip planned for this weekend and this is the hotel that was picked to stay at Sat night. Good or Bad? Will have wife and grandkids with me.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up in Mooresville, so no need to stay there lol what would you like to know about the area? It has changed big time since when i grew up there, thats for sure.

venom17

Six Pointer
I will be staying the night there and just want to make sure I don't have to sleep with one eye open watching my car. Nothing will be in it just want to make sure.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Should be ok. You're right by the interstate and on the main drag, anything could happen.
The area itself, is ok. Very busy most of the time. I would think highly patrolled.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
My office is not far from there. Not a bad area but being a hotel near an interstate the normal cautions should apply. Probably better area than most you would find along many interstates. Be prepared for traffic depending on what time you arrive/leave.

I wish they would build a wall along that lake to block the view from the highway so everyone driving won't hit their brakes to see the water.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Past a wreck right there this morning. That was the dumbest thing they ever did was tear down the fence with vines all over it blocking the view of the lake…

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I work near there go by it every morning on 150. A lot of traffic but not a bad area. Near the NASCAR garages,

venom17

Six Pointer
Thanks for the responses. We will be there around 4-5pm. And will be leaving in the morning coming home. Carrying the grandkids to the Lazy 5 ranch mid morning/afternoon and didn't want to drive back.

Takenname_7

Button Buck
They should get a kick out of it. Also if y'all had time there's a little mini zoo bout 15-20 minutes by back roads from lazy5 called zootastic. Nothing huge but can feed the lemurs n at right times can hold baby tiger cubs, theyve farm animals etc. Nothing big mind ya but still fun for youngins. GL
Edited to add I haven't been in years since kids grew up, it could have changed

venom17

Six Pointer
The Lazy 5 ranch is fun. Just be prepared for a lot of animal slobber.
Unfortunately we found this out 2yrs ago when we carried the oldest grandkids there. Slime and pellets stuck throughout my daughters new car. Parked it and went back thru in my DIL dad's newer truck. We got stuck in the herd of longhorns and got a tail light busted when he blew the horn at them. I will not drive my car thru there.
They should get a kick out of it. Also if y'all had time there's a little mini zoo bout 15-20 minutes by back roads from lazy5 called zootastic. Nothing huge but can feed the lemurs n at right times can hold baby tiger cubs, theyve farm animals etc. Nothing big mind ya but still fun for youngins. GL
Edited to add I haven't been in years since kids grew up, it could have changed
Thanks! Will have to check that one out if we have time.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Just don't feed the Emu's/Ostriches. Try to avoid the Buffalo and Watusi cows.
The kids will definitely enjoy the petting zoo area.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I love zootastic. It has really grown over the years. It is west of 77 off of exit 42 in Troutman