daylight savings

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
wife loves it, as she likes it staying light longer

I kind of like early light as i can get some good outdoor activities in before "work day" starts

it is what it is

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
they are still claiming enery savings,,,,though I doubt a study has ever been done

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The wife and I were just talking about how confusing things are this morning. Personally, I prefer standard time. Some of you young guys will find out later in life why that is. With most employers having some type of flex time these days those who want the extra daylight in the evening can just go to work an hour earlier. Still love that saying by the Indian about the blanket.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't really give a damn just leave it one way or another. Personally I do like to get in a coon hunt during the season and still be back home many times before 8:00 but with my coon hunting career waning that really isn't an issue.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm in the leave it the same boat i been messed up all day so far it'll take me week to get square I'm a pretty routine oriented person

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As I have gotten older, I have found that I have much less need for a clock. Still need one occasionally when I want to fit into a schedule created by someone else.

When I had to work a fixed schedule, I did appreciate having more daylight after I got off work.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Daylight savings time starting or stopping hasn't caused me any concern. Is most of the animosity towards daylight savings just people's natural tendency to resist change?

<>< Fish

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Daylight savings time starting or stopping hasn't caused me any concern. Is most of the animosity towards daylight savings just people's natural tendency to resist change?

<>< Fish
I don't have a problem with change, I have a problem with unnecessary change with absolutely no basis in fact behind it. Set it and forget it.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I hate it personally. I have to wake up for work between midnight and 1 am so I'm normally in bed by 7 at the latest. It makes it tough to go to bed with the sun still high in the sky.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I has a lot to do with where you are as well, I have stayed at a fishing camp in Maine in July, the sun was up ( not breaking but up) by like 4:45-5 it was nuts, now without DSL that would put sunup in Maine a hour earlier....so sun above the horizon by like 3:45-4 in the morning....I will take the DSL over that

Even here in NC sunrise without DSL would be before 5 am in the middle of the summer....

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
I never changed my truck’s clock last fall, because I had my hunting process in tune with previous hunting days. It’s back right again.:)

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I has a lot to do with where you are as well, I have stayed at a fishing camp in Maine in July, the sun was up ( not breaking but up) by like 4:45-5 it was nuts, now without DSL that would put sunup in Maine a hour earlier....so sun above the horizon by like 3:45-4 in the morning....I will take the DSL over that

Even here in NC sunrise without DSL would be before 5 am in the middle of the summer....
There has been a push for Maine and most of New England to go to Atlantic time zone. For someone who works weekends the changes are always disrupted. I think it's an antiquated strategy that should be ended.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It seems there is a lot towards the DSL change. It really is just an hour one way or the other.

<>< Fish

that is correct (an hour one way or other),,,,I was merely musing on my wife and I and how we differ in theory,,,

personally I really don't give a hoot,,,,I get up before daylight and am in bed shortly aftern dark (though some nights I stay up late like a Grown up!!)