Day 2

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I think I need an upgrade my marlin mn25 in 22mag I’m 0/4........ it groups an inch at 50 so not sure what I’m doing wrong....
Are you spot and stalking em .... baiting....still hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
I think I need an upgrade my marlin mn25 in 22mag I’m 0/4........ it groups an inch at 50 so not sure what I’m doing wrong....
Are you spot and stalking em .... baiting....still hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same place I've been watching them all year......From my Ladder Stand. 50 to 60 yards, from corn pile leftovers.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
My best days were redemptions days on Jan.2 with a CZ 452 and a SBE 12 gauge for “Backup” followed only slightly by my Marlin 25. My first 22, should have held on to that one I guess. Dunno if it was the “Micro-Groove” barrel or what but my first .22 seems to have made some shots in my mind that seem to get harder every time I think about those hunts.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
You guys try the gadget (I think Tip posted a sticky) on skinning squirrels. I made the gadget but unfortunately never did get to use it but I will next season. I tried the method of cutting at the rear, cut thru the tail bone etc method but I didn't have much luck there either. Our old method was a cut across the back bone and them pull off their "pants and sweater" . And I never was fond of that method. Heck I think I posted on here long time ago that I would rather skin a deer than a squirrel using that old method. And I could never skin one with out getting hair all over it. Remembering that I'm wondering if they don't use something from a squirrel as the ingredients for super glue. LOL.

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
You guys try the gadget (I think Tip posted a sticky) on skinning squirrels. I made the gadget but unfortunately never did get to use it but I will next season. I tried the method of cutting at the rear, cut thru the tail bone etc method but I didn't have much luck there either. Our old method was a cut across the back bone and them pull off their "pants and sweater" . And I never was fond of that method. Heck I think I posted on here long time ago that I would rather skin a deer than a squirrel using that old method. And I could never skin one with out getting hair all over it. Remembering that I'm wondering if they don't use something from a squirrel as the ingredients for super glue. LOL.
Never tried it Larry. I usually kill some, to lessen their "Effects" on my Corn Pile, when Deer Season comes in, then, leave em alone. I skin 15-20, and I'm done. Don't think there is an easy way LOL I'd rather skin 2 Deer, as opposed to a limit of Squirrels.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I'm with you on skinning a deer versus a squirrel but you really should check out that new "skinning gambrel" It definitely seems like it would help if you clean 15 - 20 a year, Haven't tried the one I made yet but it sure looks a lot easier than the other methods I've seen/used. Originally we made a cut across the back and then pulled "their pants and shirts" off. Then I saw what I believe may be the method you are using and I had the same results, broke/pulled the tails off. LOL. And without fail I wound up with abut as much hair on the body as originally on the skin and the hairs were stuck to the body with super glue.. LOL.