Dave Dorian is losing his fan club

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was in Savannah over the New Years weekend. I ran into 3 different groups of NC state fans after the game on the way home today. 2 of them were at the game. Lot of grumbling about how State did not make adjustments and just got out coached in the 2nd half. We all have heard this before....
But I actually met the father of a potential transfer from Boston College to NCstate this morning . He said Dorian is not the coach everyone thinks. He said that State has alot of talent but once again Dorian got outcoached just like the Wake Forest game. He said Dorian not only needed good assistant coaches but the man needed someone to show him how to do a press conference.
I thought I was going to bust out laughing listening to him.
I won't name any names for privacy reasons cause the transfer has not been finalized as far as I know.
His father knows more about football than most ....having played at Miss.State and the Buffalo Bills.
I thought it was funny that this man told my wife and I what we had been thinking all along since that WFU LOSS, and he was a total stranger till this morning.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Transfers within the conference has to sit 2 full years.

I'm calling BS on this.

And who in the hell is Dave Dorian?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

All Pines

Eight Pointer
NCSU and Doeren got exposed by TAMU
You are correct...it clearly exposed that several members of NCSU’s coaching staff are new to the team and/or are in new roles, and it also exposed that the NCSU players sitting in order to focus on the nfl draft are very valuable

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
State fans need to quit griping.

The program is never going to be to the level of Alabama or even Notre Dame

Fans should expect no more than Doeren's bringing because basketball is king in Raleigh.

The only hope is the Weakpack get lucky and another Rivers come to Raleigh but I don't see that happening.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
State fans need to quit griping.

The program is never going to be to the level of Alabama or even Notre Dame

Fans should expect no more than Doeren's bringing because basketball is king in Raleigh.

The only hope is the Weakpack get lucky and another Rivers come to Raleigh but I don't see that happening.
This, take your 9 win season and be happy. It’ll never be more than that......for anyone in this state.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
state has had as many 10 win seasons as ....wait for it... Duke.:LOL:
crc and boon dock are correct,
Be happy you beat unc and ecu and hope you can do it next year. That's all you can aspire to.

Reactions: jug

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
state has had as many 10 win seasons as ....wait for it... Duke.
crc and boon dock are correct,
Be happy you beat unc and ecu and hope you can do it next year. That's all you can aspire to.
How many conf championships do they have compared to duke and unc?

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
How many conf championships do they have compared to duke and unc?

Football Conference Championships
UNC- 8 total +1 division title. Last 'chip in 1980

State- 11 total. Last in 1979

Duke- 17 total + 1 division title. Last in 1989.

Seems we have a winner...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'll say this about DD. My 9 year old nephew only wanted one thing for Xmas, a signed ball from ANYone from NC State.

A guy I work with heard this and 2 days later brought over a used State game ball, made out to my nephew personally, signed by DD.

He was BLOWN away when he opened it and I believe he brought it with him and his family to the gator bowl.

DD made one kids year and that's may seem like a simple gesture but he now has a few lifelong fans, including me.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Transfers within the conference has to sit 2 full years.

I'm calling BS on this.

And who in the hell is Dave Dorian?

I will let you know. I known the man and his son. His son did not play this year for Boston College.
Dave Dorian is the spell check on my phone when I try to type Dave Doeren but I am just too lazy to correct it .:geek:

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
No surprise we lost to A&M. They were the better team. Only team in the ACC that can consistently play with SEC schools is Clemson. Proud of our season. Proud of our recruiting class. Proud of our kids. Proud of our coaches.

We won 9 games in what was suppose to be a rebuilding year. If he can: recruit in state talent the way he is now, win 8+ games a year consistently, have kids graduate, change kids lives, and NOT have academic and off the field issues, then I will be one happy Pack fan.

No we are not Alabama. But no one else in the country is close to them either (we will find out about Clemson on Monday night).

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
So are saying if he continues what he has done the last couple of years that a bigger school with more money will come along and swoop him up?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So are saying if he continues what he has done the last couple of years that a bigger school with more money will come along and swoop him up?
it may not take many years once he realizes the ceiling is the roof in Raleigh and he's done all he can there.
I mean what will change to get state past 8 a year? they cant play any easier non coms. their in state opponents are improving, the acc atlantic is the toughest division this side of the sec west.
he needs to go while his value is peaking. Like his deserter players.

JONOV

Ten Pointer
State fans are unbelievable. Two seasons in a row that haven't been matched in 16 years, and no two seasons that are as good in the same 16 years, and they still complain.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
State fans are unbelievable. Two seasons in a row that haven't been matched in 16 years, and no two seasons that are as good in the same 16 years, and they still complain.
I only see two "fans" really complaining. One admitted in the thread about user names that he isnt really much of a fan, and the other was a tarheel or pirate fan or something until just recently and openly admits that his wife is the football fan in the family.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Just wait, UNC fans like Alt will be saying they’ll be like UNC this year.......no next year....no the next next year.....

But..but..but we have MACK!

Lmao.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
How bout em!

Played well. Very good team that ended the season on a 5 game win streak. Congrats to a team that was better than State and took care of business.

How’s your Heels gonna be next year?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the heels will have a much better season. but they arent "my" heels. I did not attend the flagship so you see so I couldn't possibly claim them.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
aren't those the rules of fandom here?
I am kinda sol since I am a NC college homer and couldn't possibly have went to them all.
But I do want them all to do well.
I just don't share your consuming hatred towards any program. Sorry.
Glad you returned. Welcome back.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I commented on this thread and the Keatts thread at the same time tonight.

You responded to this one.

It’s fairly obvious.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

It’s fairly obvious.

It’s fairly obvious.
now lunker I dontz claimz dat highs iqz. what be obviouz?
I tell you what was obvious, your vanishing act when your boys quit in the A&M game.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
As a UNC fan, I’m sure you enjoyed it.

That’s what fans of teams that are on the couch during bowl season do.

Glad you enjoyed it.