Dare County blind permits

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
I was fortunate enough to draw a float blind permit this year. Im not a Dare local or native, live 300 miles away actually. Dont know any commission members or anyone else in Dare County minus a few facebook friends. I wasnt able to attend the draw so no $100 handshake was made. Moral of the story is that they do in fact award permits to non locals. Now off to buy some lottery tickets.......

Steelshot Scott

No crow. I said that now that the light had been shined on this process they might finally issue one to a non-county resident. I said in the other thread that I thought that might finally happen.

Kind of suspicious timing that it happened now while so much light is being shined on the process. I guess if the chairman's cousin got this permit it might have looked bad with so many people looking.

I wasn't going to bring that up.

But you were petty enough to do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelshot Scott

Coach, I was trying to congratulate you on getting your permit and not bring politics into this. I wanted your happy moment to be your happy moment.

Y'all are the ones that are dragging this into the gutter.

I try not to personally insult anyone. I don't do that on the internet . You might try the same. Especially when you wouldn't do it in person.

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
Coach, I was trying to congratulate you on getting your permit and not bring politics into this. I wanted your happy moment to be your happy moment.

Y'all are the ones that are dragging this into the gutter.

I try not to personally insult anyone. I don't do that on the internet . You might try the same. Especially when you wouldn't do it in person.

Ok chief.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Last year an acquaintance showed me his new impoundment in Hyde. At the beginning of the season he had a good crop of corn but no ducks. Later in the season I stopped by and happened to see a big pile of corn in the water. He still did not kill ducks. Long story short, just because you have corn or you bait if it is not where a duck wants to go it is not going to do any good. there are a number of places in Hyde where you are just not going to kill ducks.