DANG COYOTES

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Seen plenty in Cary and I saw one this am in Raleigh at the University Club off of hillsbourgh rd right behind the vet school.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have a LARGE one roaming the field behind our office in Cary near the old Gander Mountain. Can't even get a pic of him he's so wiley!

What's the chance "some overrated group" would be interested in trapping it, calling it something it isn't, and relocating it to another area that it's not wanted in???
Oh, my sarcasm level is up just a wee bit...

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
What's the chance "some overrated group" would be interested in trapping it, calling it something it isn't, and relocating it to another area that it's not wanted in???
Oh, my sarcasm level is up just a wee bit...

Come up with a BS story of how the coyotes helped the south during the war between the states and there won't a coyote left within 20 miles of the triangle!

<>< Fish

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
They say on’t kill them... it will orphan their babies.

I say that’s easy = kill the whole family

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Those urban yote lovers wouldn't be so loving if it was their cat, dog, small child, etc. that came up missing. And there's a good chance it could be.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
What's the chance "some overrated group" would be interested in trapping it, calling it something it isn't, and relocating it to another area ..

just don't get caught, since that is illegal...…...relocating mammals in NC.

Jett

Ten Pointer
Don't worry, Ronnie Sutherland will get some "free" tax payer money to buy a couple hundred thousand acres of conservation easements in the area to conserve this animal in hopes it may actually be an endangered species he can pimp. He may even push for road closures, reduced speed limits, no night time activities, etc....

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Go down Centenial parkway at nc state a lot at night see them at least once or twice a week crossing the road.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Don't worry, Ronnie Sutherland will get some "free" tax payer money to buy a couple hundred thousand acres of conservation easements in the area to conserve this animal in hopes it may actually be an endangered species he can pimp. He may even push for road closures, reduced speed limits, no night time activities, etc....

He needs a good snipe hunting adventure/misadventure.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
since that is illegal...…...relocating mammals in NC.

that must be a new one,,,,as it hasn't been illegal before or the whole "sold my fox/coyote" to a pen thing would not happen,,,

only mammal that it is stone cold illegal to relocate is a racoon,,,all others need landowner permission,,,

or the law changed on me and I missed it

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Been out of that loop for a while but raccoons and a few others you can't relocate but ok for squirrels and some others with landowner permission.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
that must be a new one,,,,as it hasn't been illegal before or the whole "sold my fox/coyote" to a pen thing would not happen,,,
t
you are correct John...….
Running Pens get a different set of laws.....
I'm talking releasing back into the wild...…...which a pen is not.
I should have been clearer.
But many trapping laws in the state are clear as mud and even GW's often don't know them.
ie..
...Tag foxes in some counties but not all
...Cannot trap foxes in bout 1/3 of our 100 counties
...tag bobcat and otter in all counties
...rubber jaws on fox traps in some counties but not all
etc, etc