Dale JR Download

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I loved NASCAR as a boy. After Dale died, I drifted away as he and the drivers I enjoyed watching in my youth left the sport and were replaced by what seems to be blander personalities. All that said, I recently stumbled onto Dale Jr’s podcast and his interviews with some of the all time greats is really good. I find it’s re-sparked a bit of interest in the sport for me and I enjoyed the spectacle of the Bristol dirt race.

JR really has a love for the history of the sport & does an excellent job as an interviewer. I’d recommend giving it a listen if you enjoy motor sports at all.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
THis is one of my favorite parts of his podcast. LOTS of good stories on there! I wish he could have coaxed DW to explain what happened to his engine on the last lap of that charlotte race.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
THis is one of my favorite parts of his podcast. LOTS of good stories on there! I wish he could have coaxed DW to explain what happened to his engine on the last lap of that charlotte race.

He shoved the clutch in and blew it sky-high.
"There was nothing left to inspect"... I heard him comment about that on TV some years ago.
He did what Jr. Johnson told him to do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I truly believe that's what really happened.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
I discovered this recently as well. Had drifted away from the sport over the last several years. Started listening to this and found a new appreciation for Jr.
One of my favorite episodes is where he interviews Dr. Jerry Punch.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I discovered this recently as well. Had drifted away from the sport over the last several years. Started listening to this and found a new appreciation for Jr.
One of my favorite episodes is where he interviews Dr. Jerry Punch.

I did not realize Jerry Punch was an actual MD until listening to that episode. I always thought it was a nickname or something since he was a general commentator for NASCAR & SEC football, not just an injury reporter.

ecufan

Eight Pointer
Some of my favorite episodes are Kenny Wallace, Schrader, Ricky Rudd, Bobby Labonte. The Todd Parrott one was pretty emotional. The funniest has to be James Finch. That guy didn't give a darn:ROFLMAO:

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Some of my favorite episodes are Kenny Wallace, Schrader, Ricky Rudd, Bobby Labonte. The Todd Parrott one was pretty emotional. The funniest has to be James Finch. That guy didn't give a darn:ROFLMAO:

i like finch too....rick hendrick calls him his talent scout..lol....he's in some deep dodo in FL