Daily Fitness/workout thread

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got in a good hour & forty minute Zone 1&2 run in today.
Tomorrow is gonna be killer again for some LSD, but it's gonna be cold 🥶

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
5 days out from race day. So not doing anything crazy.

Yesterday did lots of static stretching and light band resistance work out.

Got up this morning and did upper body weight training. Curls, chest press, tricep press, shoulder press. All lightweight higher rep stuff.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Today was a killer day. Pretty much stayed in the MAF zone all day except for the climbs.
Calorie Burn for the day was 8,332 😁
1.2 mile swim @ 1:48/100
101 mile bike ride, and the wind was brutal..., and it was cold.
5.5 mile run/shuffle
20230313_193846.jpg

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Core workout this AM. 50 sit-ups x 4 sets, leg tuck and twist 4 count 25 x 4 sets. Planks 3 min.

2 mile run right after work at 8:00/mile. Just a shake out run to keep the blood flowing for Saturday.

Last workout of the week tomorrow and then rest for a couple days.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Very leisurely 3 mile run after work. 10:00/mile pace.

Feeling good and relaxed. No aches or pains. Now it’s rest, hydrate and carb load for the next couple days.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Well that was a pretty tough race.

Wind was BRTUAL!! Blowing 25-30mph and in your face most of the race, including the last 5 miles 😫

Unofficial time 4:26. I burned out hard about mile 19. Was on pace for sub 4 hr at that point and just hit the damn wall. Still 20 min faster than my first marathon.

I’m hurting pretty bad right now. Knees are shot and i cramped up something awful. So I’m chowing down on some ribs and hydrating with some local IPAs 🤪

cncwmg

Four Pointer

Wind was BRTUAL!! Blowing 25-30mph and in your face most of the race, including the last 5 miles 😫

Unofficial time 4:26. I burned out hard about mile 19. Was on pace for sub 4 hr at that point and just hit the damn wall. Still 20 min faster than my first marathon.

I’m hurting pretty bad right now. Knees are shot and i cramped up something awful. So I’m chowing down on some ribs and hydrating with some local IPAs 🤪
Nice job!

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor

Congrats, I was wondering how the wind was going to be up there. It felt like it was beating me this morning

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

That's still very awesome!
Congratulations!

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got in another quick Brick this evening.
:20 Bike
:40 Run

Tomorrow is gonna be cold 🥶 and on tap for the day is a 100 mile TT on the bike in zone 2 & 3, and a swim beforehand.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Very very easy 2.5 mile run this morning to work out the stiffness.

10:00 pace. Then did some unweighted lunges up and down the driveway. I’m sore but feeling pretty decent. The next couple weeks will be easy, very light load training so I can recover.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It was hard for grandpa to get the legs moving after riding a Century yesterday but got R done at the upper end of my MAF Zone 😁
:40 Freestyle @ 1:38 to 1:42/100 and a 6 mile Easy Run with Tempo Finish
20230321_152617.jpg

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Weights this morning. Chest, shoulders biceps and triceps. Followed by 75 push ups x3 sets. Rounded it off with some pull-ups. I tried to do 10x3 sets but my arms were shot and could only get 4 on the last set.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
:60 minute Zone 2 easy Endurance swim @ 1:50 to 1:54/100
:60 minute trail run in a new area ... Warriors Creek to Marley's Ford loop
20230322_152219.jpg