Daily Fitness/workout thread

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Managed to get a Bike ride in and ran an easy MAF Zone 6 miler.
Tomorrow is gonna be killer 😳
20230305_194853.jpg

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Easy MAF Zone Recovery Day
2.0 Mile Freestyle @ 1:48/100
:30 Stationary Spin
:30 Indoor Track Run

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What are your target races?.....race dates?.....goal times?........and what plan are you following?

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm using old plans from the early 2000's that Sonni Dyer made for me when he was a coach at TriMyCoach, but I'm tweaking them quite a bit, with longer rides, continuous swims, etc. I've found continuous swimming with intervals/fartleks are better for me than drills/sets, etc. Back in the day my goal was to complete a Double, with Sonni as my coach, but I'm settling for a Full for my 60th B-Day year 😎

My first race of the year is gonna be a Half in less than 2 months, and it'll be a training race. It'll kinda let me know where I stand and what to semi expect when November rolls around for our "A" race of the year, Ironman Florida, 140.6 in Panama City.

As for where am I in the program? Well, no where near where I'd like to be, particularly with running. Biking? Yeah, I'm on target for possibly the best ride ever, that's closely matching ride times from the early 2000's. Swimming? Slowly matching times or better from prior to having bilateral rotator cuff & labrum surgeries. The run? I used to run like the wind, but now I run like the "winded" and I guess that's a Vo2Max thing that simply declines with age.

What race are you training for and are you using a coach?

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Great run this morning before work!!

5 miles @8:15 pace. Heart rate never got over 142. Average was 134.

Marathon in 10 days. Taper is going well.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm using old plans from the early 2000's that Sonni Dyer made for me when he was a coach at TriMyCoach, but I'm tweaking them quite a bit, with longer rides, continuous swims, etc. I've found continuous swimming with intervals/fartleks are better for me than drills/sets, etc. Back in the day my goal was to complete a Double, with Sonni as my coach, but I'm settling for a Full for my 60th B-Day year 😎

My first race of the year is gonna be a Half in less than 2 months, and it'll be a training race. It'll kinda let me know where I stand and what to semi expect when November rolls around for our "A" race of the year, Ironman Florida, 140.6 in Panama City.

As for where am I in the program? Well, no where near where I'd like to be, particularly with running. Biking? Yeah, I'm on target for possibly the best ride ever, that's closely matching ride times from the early 2000's. Swimming? Slowly matching times or better from prior to having bilateral rotator cuff & labrum surgeries. The run? I used to run like the wind, but now I run like the "winded" and I guess that's a Vo2Max thing that simply declines with age.

What race are you training for and are you using a coach?
An obvious (to me) question is.....

Why are you seemingly focusing so much time and energy on the swim? Wouldn't that time be better spent focusing on your (admitted) weaknesses?

Triathlon is almost ALL about the bike and run. Other than the month before Lousiville, I probably never swam more than 200yds at a time.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
An obvious (to me) question is.....

Why are you seemingly focusing so much time and energy on the swim? Wouldn't that time be better spent focusing on your (admitted) weaknesses?

Triathlon is almost ALL about the bike and run. Other than the month before Lousiville, I probably never swam more than 200yds at a time.
The swim is a really good way to build the motor without the wear and tear on the legs for grandpas 😁 and I'm actually doing a little overkill on the bike. The run will be my last to build since having issues with tenosynovitis. It seems to be working (fingers crossed), and that was recommended to me by my Ortho Doc (Parker in Boone).

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The swim is a really good way to build the motor without the wear and tear on the legs. The run will be my last to build since having issues with tenosynovitis. It seems to be working (fingers crossed), and that was recommended to me by my Ortho Doc (Parker in Boone).
I trained every mile for my IM on a .46 mi. brick dust track. I understand saving the legs. I've just never seen so many long swims in an IM build.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Are you gonna try and negative split the marathon?
Regardless..., looks like you'll be having a sub 4 hour marathon which is very cool!
No negative split.

Sub 4 hour is probably a little ambitious. I’m shooting for about 4 hr 10 min which 9:30 pace. I may be faster, I may be slower. Who knows. The race doesn’t start until mile 20!!

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Short day today..
:30 Freestyle @ 1:40 - 1:42/100
Buffalo Cove loop in Zone 2 (except for the hills 😁 )
20230308_150416.jpg

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Today was a first. I've had bottles thrown at me while running, water dumped on me while being heckled, horns beeping, etc. But today on Highway 18 an older model brownish chevy truck with tool box in the back purposely ran off the road and tried hitting me, nearly pinned me to the guard rail by a few inches shy... A minute later a Trooper came my direction and I flagged him down. Very nice gentleman and I hope he caught that POS azzhole.

Y'all be safe out there..., they's some crazies up to nefarious stuff. I'm tempted to start carrying the FN Five-SeveN while running 🤬

Easy Pre-Night Shift MAF Zone 2 run complete..
20230309_163617.jpg

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Monday’s gonna be fun!

They used to call that stuff golytely but someone should take em' to court for false advertisement. It should be called GoHeavily 😁

Good luck..., you're gonna get one heck of a workout🤢

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
First time the old, now deceased pharmacist handed me the jug, he had a huge crap eating grin and said "let the good times roll." Got my sixth one coming up in May.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Today was a first. I've had bottles thrown at me while running, water dumped on me while being heckled, horns beeping, etc. But today on Highway 18 an older model brownish chevy truck with tool box in the back purposely ran off the road and tried hitting me, nearly pinned me to the guard rail by a few inches shy... A minute later a Trooper came my direction and I flagged him down. Very nice gentleman and I hope he caught that POS azzhole.

Y'all be safe out there..., they's some crazies up to nefarious stuff. I'm tempted to start carrying the FN Five-SeveN while running 🤬

Easy Pre-Night Shift MAF Zone 2 run complete..
View attachment 112144
Based on some previous threads on this site, it could have been a forum member.