Dads first Bird!

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
This is a long story but a good one. 2 weeks ago I was up disking getting ready to plant corn this week. Got to the farm early and sat on the Ranger listening for a gobble to break the silence. Sure enough across the creek a bird starts to fire off.

Fast forward to Monday. My dad came down and was helping me with food plots and we decided to go listen and see if any birds were around before we started working that morning.

6:05 and a bird fires off right around the corner from us on the field edge (I thought). We get a plan together and head down the road. Once we round the corner we go another 10 steps and blow him off the roost.[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Game over was what I said. We will try him again tomorrow. We walk back to the Ranger and begin planning our work day and he gobbles about 300 yards away. Game on!

We walk around to get set up and get within 100 of him and a twin gobbling like crazy. We set up and start calling and they are on the way. Coming straight to us. No sight of them just the sounds of the gobbling.

Next thing we know they are 150 yards to our left in a food plot. We move and set up again. Start calling with a thinning row in the pines on both the right and the left of us leading from the food plot.

They start down the row to the left and come right in our lap. The only issue is we have only one gun!

My dad hammers the first Tom! DRT!! He passes the gun to me as the second Tom proceeds to kick the crap out of his buddy!

BOOM!!!!! Double!!!!! What a great morning hunting with my dad!!

IMG_4051.JPGIMG_4053.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats... Enjoy this. My dad and I got our last double on April 30 2010.
He passed away in Feb. of 2015.
Nice pics?

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Always cool to get a chance to double up. Extra bonus for Dad and first bird. Congrats.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is a heck of a story and probably one of the few using a single gun. Congrads on quite the accomplishment.