CZ457 American

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got the itch for a 22 bolt rifle. Looked at a 457 today. Research says it's been improved over the 455 which doesn't appear to be well liked. Talk me into or out of a 457.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Great gun hou just can not find them in stock. Been looking a 22 mag and also wood stock 22lr threaded sporter for 8 months now.
I have a heavy barrel and love it.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Great gun hou just can not find them in stock. Been looking a 22 mag and also wood stock 22lr threaded sporter for 8 months now.
I have a heavy barrel and love it.
I'm pretty sure there is a threaded trainer at Ed's if that interests you.

TKL

Four Pointer
I am looking one for my daughter to use on the hunter's safety team for school. She has decided that's the one she wants. Only problem is she wants it to be a left hand model.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I had a 16" barrel 457 Pro Varmint that really didn't shoot any better than my 452's so I sold it. It was more ammo finicky than any other .22LR rifle I have ever owned. Maybe it was a Monday morning or Friday evening built gun.

The Tikka T1x MTR looks like another option to look at unless you're set on a CZ. The Lithgow .22 bolt gun is no slouch either.

Edit: If CZ ever offers a lefty 457 I'd try another one out.

<>< Fish

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I have a 457 Varmint and it’s killed a bunch of critters. I had it threaded and run subsonics out of it. 38 grain subsonic Aguila’s have sent untold numbers of critters and varmints to the light and I’ve not even had it a year. It’s a tack driving killer.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They improved the safety on the 457. Like they said, several bullets and they make little hole

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
That is a great gun.almost get one some time back. That is how I found many of the guns CZ does are in 1/2"×20 and not 1/2"×28. Will not fit most direct thread suppressors and you need to use an adapter that looks like crap

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like this is the only light or mid weight with the correct threading.
They may have a youth (scout) with fixed and threaded. Or theJaguar with a 28.6" barrel and that is long to add a suppressor on it.

1652032206326-1473520683.jpg