CZ Bobwhite

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
I've had one for a couple of years. I use it for dove and casual clay shooting with friends.
It handles nicely and fit and finish are great.
It came with a set of chokes and a case and gunsocks.
The front sight is a white bead and is a bit large for my tastes. I plan to switch to a smaller, brass bead.
Triggers are a little heavy, ~8 lbs iirc.
They've gotten a little smoother with use, but honestly I have <100 shells through it at this point. I'm hoping to spend some quality time with it in the next few months.
It is made by Huglu for CZ

ETA: mine is in 20ga
20210510_185757.jpgSnapchat-646026043.jpg20210510_185839.jpgSnapchat-390090649.jpg

Last edited:

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Nice looking SXS... What do those cost? Ballpark..
Sportsman’s warehouse is 649 according to their website. Seems like a pretty good price considering it looks like it comes with 5 total chokes and a hard case. Gonna try to hold one tomorrow but figured there’d be a couple firsthand accounts I could roll around in my brain

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Sportsman’s warehouse is 649 according to their website. Seems like a pretty good price considering it looks like it comes with 5 total chokes and a hard case. Gonna try to hold one tomorrow but figured there’d be a couple firsthand accounts I could roll around in my brain
Sounds like a good price to me. Especially considering I paid almost that much 2+ years ago before prices on a lot of stuff went stupid.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My SxS 20 is a CZ, but not the bobwhite. Mine is probably a step up from that.

My thoughts are that the gun was definitely worth the money. The craftsmanship is good, balance and overall weight is good. Carries and shoulders well. The wood and overall finish on the gun is good. My main complaint is that it has always been tight. After years of pretty significant use, it is still tight, and I still have to snap it a little to get it closed. It doesn't close smoothly, like a $2k+ gun. The metal work and polishing isn't on that level either.

But for a hunting gun? A gun that you're going to hunt hard and put scratches on - it works great. You're paying for a working man's double. If that is what you're expecting, it will likely be a good gun for you.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
My SxS 20 is a CZ, but not the bobwhite. Mine is probably a step up from that.

My thoughts are that the gun was definitely worth the money. The craftsmanship is good, balance and overall weight is good. Carries and shoulders well. The wood and overall finish on the gun is good. My main complaint is that it has always been tight. After years of pretty significant use, it is still tight, and I still have to snap it a little to get it closed. It doesn't close smoothly, like a $2k+ gun. The metal work and polishing isn't on that level either.

But for a hunting gun? A gun that you're going to hunt hard and put scratches on - it works great. You're paying for a working man's double. If that is what you're expecting, it will likely be a good gun for you.
Sharptail? I kinda like the English stock which is partly what has me on the Bobwhite

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
A lot of folks knock on any sxs or o/u if it not a “B” gun. Shouldered many a cz and wouldn’t think twice about picking one up and hunting with it.