CVA Kentucky parts?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was just given an old CVA Kentucky, it's now the second in my safe. Haven't checked the bore, it may be a sewer pipe, don't know yet, but overall appearance looks to be in pretty good shape. It's missing some parts, ie, drum, nipple, hammer, and front and rear sights.
I really enjoy these old CVAs, with the right load they're tack drivers. Anybody know of a source for these parts?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks pcbuckhunter, that's outstanding. They have all the necessary parts I need online except for one, the bolster that holds the nipple and cleanout screw.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is this what you’re looking for?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is this what you’re looking for?

Yessir, that's the last part I need, sure appreciate your help. The barrel has some minor pitting but is in great shape. Should be able to make a fine shooter out of these parts.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That was my first muzzleloader at the time. Hated the SOB back then. But it really was a good gun. "slight" pitting means nothing at the velocity they operate at, but you already know that.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I remember, mine was a TC Hawken kit that I cobbled together. Left way too much wood on it but I sure killed a bunch of Florida pigs with that old smokepole...

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I had an older CVA back years ago. Got to truck in dark after a hunt and leaned the gun on tailgate bumper, taking off coveralls, etc. and got in truck, backed up, and felt a bump....not good. Got out and there was my gun under back tire...barrel bent in a moon shape. Well, guys at camp always said every time I would kill a deer, that I got another one peeping around a tree.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LMBO! Those old barrels are pretty doggone stout! What were you driving, a loaded dump truck?:LOL:

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Log Cabin Shop occasionally has some hard-to-find parts also. Just for future reference.
I found an old CVA "Bobcat" 50 cal percussion wood stock that I refinished myself a couple years ago and it turned out great. It was in pretty rough shape but some elbow grease, time and effort and now it looks fantastic. Plus....it shoots lights-out great once I found the right powder - patch combo. Matter of fact I grab it over all the rest of my muzzleloaders, it shoots that good.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have one of these in .45 cal that my father built. Have not shot it yet tho, but do like the feel and and hang of it.
I have one of those. My second muzzleloader. I killed several deer with a round patched ball with it.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Log Cabin Shop occasionally has some hard-to-find parts also. Just for future reference.
I found an old CVA "Bobcat" 50 cal percussion wood stock that I refinished myself a couple years ago and it turned out great. It was in pretty rough shape but some elbow grease, time and effort and now it looks fantastic. Plus....it shoots lights-out great once I found the right powder - patch combo. Matter of fact I grab it over all the rest of my muzzleloaders, it shoots that good.
Bought one of those new in .54 caliber with a plastic stock for $70 years ago. The balance was terrible so I removed the butt plate and filled the stock with spray insulation and wheel weights till I got the balance right. Shot several deer with it till my oldest son took it. He still hunts with it some. We did put fiber optic sights on it.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
LMBO! Those old barrels are pretty doggone stout! What were you driving, a loaded dump truck?:LOL:
Tried to straightened it out but bent it too far, now it shoots the other way....oh well, just have to learn to compensate. Tried to sell it couple times but they just kept bringing it back could not get it to group.