CVA Accura ??

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone have the LR or MR-X ? So you recommend it?

I have a Knight Disc Elite stainless… shoots great and was rated most accurate out of the box ML by Chuck Hawks BUT I was considering changing to a break action and thumb release breech plug .

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone have the LR or MR-X ? So you recommend it?

I have a Knight Disc Elite stainless… shoots great and was rated most accurate out of the box ML by Chuck Hawks BUT I was considering changing to a break action and thumb release breech plug .
Bought a lr today getting scope mounted will shoot in next week or so. Gun felt great 30 inch barrel is a bit long but was better balanced than shorter barrel. Your welcome to test drive it.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Bought the MR when they had just switched to Nitride. Thing is the easiest, least fussy MZL I’ve owned. Two pellets at 100 zero and dropping a third in I’m dead center but a few inches low at 180. Honestly most of the many deer I’ve had oppty to harvest where inside 50’ lol. Now in mountains it’s helpful to have a little reach anyway.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Think @nhn2a has one. At least when we talked he was talking about getting one.

Good memory! I have the Accura V2 LR with thumbhole stock. I really like it and have no complaints. I bought it a few years ago to replace an older model CVA that had been malfunctioning. I finally got around to contacting CVA about it since they have a lifetime warranty and they ended up sending me a regular Accura V2 to replace it which I sold on here. I actually preferred the shorter length barrel of the regular one but never shot it to tell if there is much of an accuracy difference. The V2 LR shoots great and I've killed several deer with it, it just feels a smidge long when hunting from a stand.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
One issue I’ve had but haven’t sent back because it shoots so good. The hammer doesn’t always fully set😳 I have tried it with stock loose and it’s fine. I noticed when I bought it there was a scratch/gouge by the back of the hammer area but actually think it’s just a little tight in the groove it rides in. I’ve not hunted a ton and don’t cock until I’m ready to fire. I also make sure it fully “clicks” back. This reminds me after all the years of not using since moving north I should address it.