Cutting foam in a Pelican case

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bought a Pelican case a few years ago, to take my O/U to CO for a pheasant hunt. It's a really nice case that doesn't get used, at all. When I put my bow on top, it seems like it would fit in there. I'll just have to cut the foam to fit.

Is there anything to it.....other than finding something to mark it with? They're proud of the replacement foam layers (Pelican is). Is there another outlet for these foam sheets?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
There are some videos on youtube to watch

Replacement foam can be found on Amazon or ebay

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
you can use the bed rolls in the camping section for cushions, I've used them multiple times for rifle cases.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Are you looking for foam to put in? Hobby Lobby is your friend. Look online and they usually have a 40% off one item coupon.

As far as cutting I use an exacto knife and cut slightly smaller in a few areas just to keep it snug.

TH7

Eight Pointer
You can trace what you are cutting out with a pen and then use an exacto knife like bwfarms said. Razor blade also works if no exacto knife.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I trace the outline with a sharpie and cut the foam with a razor blade or good sharp knife.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don't laugh but a good SHARP serrated carving knife will cut through it like it is butter. Most razor knives you will have to make two cuts and you don't get a perfect straight edge.

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
I was in a hurry when i done mine i got the case the night before i flew out. Just took a knife laid the guns on it and went to cuttin. Not the prettiest looking job but the guns dont flop around in it. Believe i used a bread knife