Custom 45 caliber

herman

Six Pointer
Waiting on deer season this year so I can try the fury 275 out.

Had a good load but wanted to see if I could get a little faster speed with them.

Only took 2 of my custom muzzys with me.My newest I cll red has brux barrel,rem short action,his modulas,and jewel trigger.
The other one is a rem muzzy action,shilin barrel,jewel trigger using 209 primers.
Shot the red first at 100yds with a 5 shot group,then went to 300 and shot a 3 shot group.
The average speed was 2995 with e/s 14

Richard

Button Buck
This type of accuracy with smoke less muzzle loaders has been the result of countless hours of range time, $$$$$$$$ worth of various powders, bullets and bench rest type equipment. Between Herman and myself, I would venture to say we shoot over 5,000 shots a year. We both keep track of how many shots we fire so this is not BS. For anyone wanting to increase long range hunting time, these smoke less muzzle loaders are the way to go. They will equal most all CF hunting rifles as far as velocity, energy and accuracy...............the only minus is they are limited to one shot............so not the rifle for hunters that can't shoot or don't have time to spend at the range.
The below target from last Tuesday represents Five 5 shot groups and the sixth, a 3 shot group with Fury bullets of both 300 and 275 gr. ranging in speed from 3,000 to 3100 fps..................shot at 100 yards. The average ES in shot velocity was under 15 fps. These bullets were all shot using no sabot or wads.............Actually, the three shot group was shot with a 290 gr. Barnes TEZ.