Cussin in the General Forum

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I imagine I'll get flamed for this, but so be it.

I've noticed more cursing in General Forum threads than ever (if ever) before. I'm not offended by it so to speak, and I've only seen it in threads that no one would click on with a youngin in their lap reading along. But I hope it does not spread.

Turkey season is around the corner, and I know lots of young folks will be interested in reading and seeing pics about hunts and birds and missed opportunities or epic failures. My hope is that there is no danger in letting a young person read along the many tales that will unfold over the next several weeks.

The C&R thread I'm sure everyone knows not to open at work or when the MRS is over y'alls shoulder (though I thought a couple of pics posted might have been my MRS? ;) {In case she ever reads this}) I just don't folks to open up a thread that sounds "fun" and then there are large or small curse words or implied curse words plastered all throughout it.

Off my soap box now.

Hope y'alls weekend doesn't turn to :poop:.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Ive noticed increased personal attacks/insults between users as of late.

I think it may be related to cleaning up the sports forum....they gotta spew it out somewhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Probably a result of the stressful times we’re currently living in. Financial worry, job security concerns, job stress, no sports to watch, no toilet paper, no Purel....people just can’t take all that but for so long before snapping on someone during a discussion over who knows more about COVID-19 and the economic crisis.

Some people are more sensitive and get offended more easily I suppose. All the adult males in my family when I was growing up were ex military. My Dad and Grand Dad were Marines. I heard cussing since I was a baby. You should be on my boat when I lose a big fish. The cussing on this forum is mild G rated stuff. Any youngster that is old enough to navigate this site has heard worse Im sure. My Sister cusses more than anyone I know. You should hear her when one of her young uns steps out of line.

Last edited:

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Its sad that it makes it less kid/family friendly here.
Parents and their peers set an example for not only their kids, but others, as well.
The LAST thing i want to do is teach my daughter to use bad language.
Just because my dad was a military lifer, and i loved him dearly, i refused to pass his habit down to my daughter.
Just like other vices, we can chose to break the chain.

Its sad that it makes it less kid/family friendly here.
Parents and their peers set an example for not only their kids, but others, as well.
The LAST thing i want to do is teach my daughter to use bad language.
Just because my dad was a military lifer, and i loved him dearly, i refused to pass his habit down to my daughter.
Just like other vices, we can chose to break the chain.
I'm not bothered by it. You may think its sad I dont think that much about it really. In fact I hadn't even noticed. To each their own. Hope she can handle a #1 salute in traffic without having a meltdown.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t think it’s too bad, there is much worse on any other social media or entertainment outlet.

Overall this a very conservative wholesome place to interact with people. There is some “mild” language used at times but I’m sure any teenager hears much worse at school

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I'm by myself, and get aggravated over something, I might let fly a few unsavory words...but I always try to be cognizant and considerate when I'm around others, and only use mild, generally acceptable explicatives. Although I've seen language used on this forum that I don't deem kosher or appropriate for "all audiences", it doesn't mean I should use it. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's always a good idea.

I like the fact that you can talk to folks on here the way you naturally speak. Its one of the reasons I like Trump. He says whats on his mind in his own lingo. Its not meant to be offensive just being real. I like politically incorrect people. They are not fake.

Last edited:

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
People are people and there are all kinds of them. It used to be kept under control. The catch and release wouldn’t have flown in the past. Remember the donkey head censored words? That went away. I had a some silly stuff get deleted by the mods in the past, that doesn’t hold a candle to what you see here now.
You can’t blame the general public in this wildly diverse world. But there has been a shift in what is now tolerated by the mods. The reins have been loosened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I imagine I'll get flamed for this, but so be it.

I've noticed more cursing in General Forum threads than ever (if ever) before. I'm not offended by it so to speak, and I've only seen it in threads that no one would click on with a youngin in their lap reading along. But I hope it does not spread.

Turkey season is around the corner, and I know lots of young folks will be interested in reading and seeing pics about hunts and birds and missed opportunities or epic failures. My hope is that there is no danger in letting a young person read along the many tales that will unfold over the next several weeks.

The C&R thread I'm sure everyone knows not to open at work or when the MRS is over y'alls shoulder (though I thought a couple of pics posted might have been my MRS? ;) {In case she ever reads this}) I just don't folks to open up a thread that sounds "fun" and then there are large or small curse words or implied curse words plastered all throughout it.

Off my soap box now.

Hope y'alls weekend doesn't turn to :poop:.

Not flaming anything but keep those same young folks away from their classmates, cell phones, tablets, television, radio etc if what is posted here is a bother. The real world is much less civil.

<>< Fish

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I like the fact that you can talk to folks on here the way you naturally speak. Its one of the reasons I like Trump. He says whats on his mind in his own lingo. Its not meant to be offensive just being real. I like politically incorrect people. They are not fake.
There's a difference in having respect for others and being politically correct.

I just about guarantee you I cuss as much or more than most on this forum but I watch what I say in front of kids, women and folks that I know are religious.

I'm sure I've posted some stuff I shouldn't have. I catch myself a lot of times and edit the post.

There's a difference in having respect for others and being politically correct.

I just about guarantee you I cuss as much or more than most on this forum but I watch what I say in front of kids, women and folks that I know are religious.

I'm sure I've posted some stuff I shouldn't have. I catch myself a lot of times and edit the post.
Its funny you bring up religion. You talking about the non cussing catholic pastors. Or you talking about the God fearing cussing red blooded American that tells it like it is that I would trust my Boy with?

This reply is a great example of me watching what I say.
Feel Free to Pm me if you want! Are you catholic? BTW This is just my opinion but I dont believe there are denominations in Heaven! So what Catholics to the left Lutheran to the right? Cussing Baptist sinners in the middle!

Last edited:

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Feel Free to Pm me if you want! Are you catholic? BTW This is just my opinion but I dont believe there are denominations in Heaven! So what Catholics to the left Lutheran to the right? Cussing Baptist sinners in the middle!
and all yall persicuted us poor mennonites back in the 16th century and made us flee to the new world...thank you for the direction...and we still dont believe a infant can be saved by baptism..they must be old enough to decide for themselves....😁😁😁😁

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I appreciate this post because my daughter opened a post two years ago that would make a sailor blush. Thank God Scotty B and the Administrators took immediate action. It was a teachable moment to say they least. Respect is like a dollar you need to earn it.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Program it so a post littered with cussing is replaced with a post featuring Raggedy Anne having a tea party.

There was a forum that turned cuss words into cutesy words so when you read it, it threw off the whole context.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks NCST8GUY, point taken...When I see posts with a lot of cuss words, I just keep moving...If someone can't express themselves better than that, it's not worth me reading...

Writing is much different than talking, you have time to think, edit and express yourself to others, these words are a record of your thoughts....If you can't express your thoughts without swearing then it's not worth reading.

chef

Ten Pointer
definitely agree.

i get that using unsavory language is a bad habit (that can be broken if you want) but to type them into a post more than 4 words long makes it a conscious act of ignorance. a long time ago, before al gore invented the internet, using written communication actually made one appear more mannered not less.