Curtain box hunting on OBX

JD1107

I counted 22 boats from 95 in Wilson all the way to Simpson. Deer season is over so folks are out in full force.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Lol Hyde can keep them for all I care. I was hunting southern dare today saw an elobrate float blind had to have been a 40 grand Jon boat from va. We cuasually talked they asked if we were hunting a blind , replied yes they told us about where they were going. I asked if they had a float blind lisc they asked what’s that lol. We were checked by Wrc I wonder if they were? Seems a lot of folks are risking the ticket.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Hunting on public water is illegal from Currituck through Dare and the western side of the sound.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Say what? South of Washington is Chocowinity. I know you’re better with duck hunting geography that that. ?

He is correct in a roundabout way. You can’t hunt the Pamlico river in that section, anything west of broad creek back to 17 bridge in Washington is off limits. Mostly due to the relocated Yankees of Cypress Landing.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I guess my point was it’s all river at Lil Washington and west ...

Ha, what areas of the rivers have the Yankees not taken over. I use to kill right many birds in Choco/Blunts areas til development started taking over. Heck, my favorite place was back east of the bridge a little ways but that has long since gone too.

AB1620

Button Buck
I will say some of the best hunts I have ever had down there when it was so bad that you could not even hunt the curtain blinds..............i remember one day when it was blowing so hard that the ferries could not run but the redheads and bluebills were thick as hops..............I bet we saw over 2 or 3 THOUSAND birds that day..............flocks of hundreds would fly over all day. We hunted out of the 'john boat' blind Wade had..........it was mind blowing how many birds we saw. Could have shot a case of shells that day if we wanted to.
Correct. One of the best days we ever had we had to hunt Russel's Island blind. I bet we had a group of 1000 plus Redheads decoy. We only needed one more for a limit so we just put the guns down and took pictures. I felt like birds came into the deoys in a line for 2 minutes straight. I need to get back over there. Sitting in Carteret County watching clouds of them in the distance going from corn pile to corn pile on the banks is getting old.