crystal lake

bubba man

Four Pointer
crystal lake in VASS looks like it`s ready to be fished has anybody gone there i use to catch nice bass in there

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I will help (a little bit) instead of wasting your time.
There are nice fish in Crystal Lake but it can be TOUGH. one day it is great then your next 3 trips will be like why did I come here. It has some really big Bream and Pumkinseeds but like I said it can be a tough place to fish.

bubba man

Four Pointer
a while back it looked like it was being takin over by that evasive weed [ don`t know it`s name ] but went by 2 days ago and it looks good water`s a little high but it looks like it`s fishable

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I like kayak fishing on the back side in the trees where the creek feeds into it. Even if the fish are not there it is a good paddle there and back to the truck.

<>< Fish

1608954697935.png

1608954786599.png

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I will help (a little bit) instead of wasting your time.
There are nice fish in Crystal Lake but it can be TOUGH. one day it is great then your next 3 trips will be like why did I come here. It has some really big Bream and Pumkinseeds but like I said it can be a tough place to fish.

When I was going to school at Sandhills they held a one day $25 entry fee tournament. Any fish was legal and they based it on total weight of all fish. There were probably 30 boats on the lake. I finished 2nd with one shellcracker that weighed in at a whooping .75 lbs if that tells you how the fishing is/was in that lake.

bubba man

Four Pointer
i wish somebody was there recently - i`m only 1/2 hour away but i wanna see if somebody`s been in there lately - it really looks good right now very high cause of all the rain i guess

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
you probably have as much of a chance seeing more mt lions than having a big catch at crystal lake in late december.

You dont seem to have any confidence in your own abilities so fishing a marginal lake this time of year isnt a recipe for improving that confidence.
Now prove me wrong but for God's sake quit begging everyone else to do the heavy lifting.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Il have to bandwagon with some of the other members statements on your post. A lot of the questions you asked can be easily answered by doing your own research. If this lake is only 30 mins from you then whats keeping you from riding down and throwing a line out. By the time you get responses on here you could have been fishing for a few hours.

I travel for hours and burn 100s of gallons of fuel to run offshore and not catch anything, but you'll never know sitting on the couch asking people on a forum.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
i wish somebody was there recently - i`m only 1/2 hour away but i wanna see if somebody`s been in there lately - it really looks good right now very high cause of all the rain i guess

What is stopping you from going to fish it? Get out there. Even if you don't get a bite you'll learn SOMETHING about the place. If you venture out in a boat, canoe, kayak etc... WEAR A LIFE JACKET and pack an extra set of dry clothes/shoes in case you need them.

<>< Fish

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
giphy.gif