Crossbow reccomendations

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
As much as I hate to admit it, I think it’s time to consider switching to a crossbow for archery season. My back can’t handle multiple reps on a compound bow anymore and will only be worse if I have to draw it after hiking in a few miles with a stand. Don’t know much about crossbows, looking for one that comes with a ready-to-go package for $500 or less. Recommendations?

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I have an Excalibur Exocet 200 listed in the classified section that's the whole package. Its an awesome crossbow and they have a lifetime warranty. I started shooting a compound bow a few years ago and haven't used the crossbow since which is the only reason I'm selling.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This Is what I shoot. I was looking for something accurate to get through till gun season that wouldn't break the bank. Bought it two years ago. I have taken two deer and a hog with it so far. I love this thing. Get a range finder to zero in the scope and dont look back. You can spend more on a crossbow if you want but you really dont need to. https://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-Sniper-Crossbow-Package-Camouflage/dp/B0179XHY3Q
This is what my son bought with the money he saved up. It is very accurate.

BennyKill

Button Buck
As far as I know there are no Excalibur crossbows in an under 500-dollar range. Those are high-end premium models for advanced shooters.
For a entry-level crossbow I'd suggest something like Center Point 370 or Killer Instincts Brawler 400 in case you need more power.
The Brawler 400 has the highest FPS among other crossbows in its class.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
As far as I know there are no Excalibur crossbows in an under 500-dollar range. Those are high-end premium models for advanced shooters.
For a entry-level crossbow I'd suggest something like Center Point 370 or Killer Instincts Brawler 400 in case you need more power.
The Brawler 400 has the highest FPS among other crossbows in its class.
I ended up getting a Centerpoint 375, MidwayUSA had a sale on them a few months ago and I was able to get the full package for about $175. With the exception of the awful trigger, I’ve been very happy with it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I ended up getting a Centerpoint 375, MidwayUSA had a sale on them a few months ago and I was able to get the full package for about $175. With the exception of the awful trigger, I’ve been very happy with it.
as simple as crossbow triggers are you shouldn't have a problem finding you-tubes to show you how to remedy some of the problems with gritty pull and heavy poundage. BUT...not only will you void the warranty but if not done correctly you could cause problems if you're not careful. Just smooth it up and you'll see a drastic difference, especially on those forged parts.

gesthuntn

Spike
You can get a new CamX 330 on eBay for about 260.00. I bought one last year and have been more than happy with it. I also have a Excalibur Matrix 350LE. It has also been very good but is harder to cock than the CamX.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

AntlerHunter

Four Pointer
Buy a Tenpoint, best quality and accuracy out of the box. You will not be disappointed. Just handling it versus many others on the market, there is no comparison in the quality. And lifetime guarantee... Hard to top it.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer

Thats what I have!! Nice inexpensive string gun. Get you some Black Eagle Executioners arrows and you will be shooting tight out to 60. I refuse to shoot over 40 but I like to shoot the target out to 60. As for the trigger. Look up the guy on Crossbow nation from Texas that does the trigger job on all CenterPoint bows. Many people are happy with it. I just havent done it yet. I will get it done after season though