Cross bow issue

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Drug the crossbow out of the closet where it's been for several years, at least 3-4 years. I know I've got weak, but I could not get it toad load. I could not pull the sting up far enough for it to lock. Is it just my weakness or could the bow actually got harder to pull back since its not been shot for so long?

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Make sure you have your draw string hooked correctly. Had a friend struggling with the same issue. He couldn't pull it to lock. If it's correct, the handles should be close to the string.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
What bow? You aren't trying to pull it back by hand are you? You're at least using a pull rope, right?

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The guy that sold me my crossbow must have had some well developed muscles to cock it without a rope. He didn't use one when he cocked it to let me shoot it at the store.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The guy that sold me my crossbow must have had some well developed muscles to cock it without a rope. He didn't use one when he cocked it to let me shoot it at the store.
I've cocked without a rope when I 1st got it. But the rope, if used correctly makes it a lot easier.

2nd Calling

Six Pointer
What kind of idiot.... oh wait....yeap done that before. lol!!

I've left the rope at home and had to cock it in the field by hand. ouch
I bought a second one and leave it in the door of my truck through out the season because of the same lesson.

slugoo

Eight Pointer
I bought a second one and leave it in the door of my truck through out the season because of the same lesson.
I've done something worse. I just straight up left my arrows at home. Didn't realize till I was 40 minutes away and practically at my spot. It was turkey season so I just headed home and pouted. By the time I would have made it back it would have been past peak gobbling hours.