Eight Pointer
Turkey breast and/or leg, thigh meat.
Progresso Creamy Tomato Basil soup
Shoepeg corn
Celery
Onion
Green pepper
Baby carrots
Red skin Potato (wash and cut up with skins on)
Poultry seasoning
Meat tenderizer
Salt
Pepper
Real butter

You can pre-cook the meat in a broth and butter and de-bone, or, cook raw in the crock pot with everything listed, just de-bone before serving. Cooking raw is best for flavor blending of everything.

Cut all veggies into bite sized pieces, according to your preference

Use 2 tablespoons of stick butter and place a layer of vegetables in the bottom of crock pot with the butter.

Once a bed of veggies are present, place a layer of meat, season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and meat tenderizer (all are to taste, but at least 1 teaspon of poultry seasoning per layer of meat). Place another layer of veggies, then another layer of meat with seasonings, and top off with a layer of veggies.pour enough cans of the Progresso soup into the crock pot to bring the soup even with the top layer of veggies. In a large crock pot it is about three cans.

Cook on high for about 6 hours, then check the meat for tenderness and looseness. If not loose enough to fall apart, cook longer. Once the meat is cooked enough to fall apart, remove the meat with the bones to a large bowl and shred the meat fibers apart. Remove all bones. (This is a good time to check for lead shot you could not find before cooking). Once the meat is shredded and returned to the crock pot, cook on low for about 3 more hours.

Each veggie is optional for the chef.

Serve in a bowl as a stew or over a bed of rice.

My pic is without potato. There wasn't enough room!

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Close to a Brunswick. I think the tomato basil soup is the key ingredient for the overall flavor.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks good but it's to warm for stew.... bring back the winter season or maybe I'll try it with swan.