Creepy Gut Job

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Waited for the 40+mph winds to die down. Plan was to slip out tonight for an hour and try whacking a doe. Then hunt the guts in the AM. This is the stand a bear circled me in 3 or 4 days ago. Had plenty of activity and hit one. Realized no knife so walked the roads 3 blocks to the house and grabbed one. Not before two Grey foxes decided to pester me at 5’. They were fearless and circled me while I moved her.

Grabbed a better light and knives then drove my SUV up. Wife reminded me we own vehicles. Guess I’m used to hunting on foot. Got to the doe and my pals are still right on top of me. I threw sticks and everything but they didn’t care. They did care when something larger came in. After the 600 lbs bear last year I’m cautious enough to leave her in the wide open not near Rhododendron. I gutted her and it’s 42 now and dropping fast. I couldn’t carry my slug gun and haven’t gotten my concealed yet so I propped her open and beat it out of there.

Tomorrow AM I’ll be out there for my only chance at a bear. Debating Inline or X-Bow.The one that circled isn’t a monster but he’s a nuisance to my garbage so would like to be rid of him and wouldn’t mind some meat. My Wife has a Scouts Fundraiser thing in the afternoon so I’m on daddy duty. Then back to the real world. Fly out Monday for AL.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
In-Line=bear only, X-Bow = Bear or buck,
Estates are real close too. I don’t want to meet a neighbor after waking them up with a blast on a Sat morning. Fairly confident if I see a bear it’s going to be close.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I’d post pics of him but it’s video and I’ve not figured out how to grab a still off an IPhone video.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
After 3 days of high winds it’s supposed to be no wind and 30 degrees tonight. Really wish our Sitters were available for tomorrow night. It’s a Fundraiser but no Scouts just parents. Seems odd to me but I’m pretty transient with work so won’t make a peep.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I’d post pics of him but it’s video and I’ve not figured out how to grab a still off an IPhone video.

Press the volume up button and the button on the right hand side at the same time and it will take a screenshot of whatever is showing on your display at that time.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Thx I googled it and it’s in its own thread. That’s an odd combination for taking a screenshot though. I’ve had new IPhones from my work for 3 years and never knew it.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
So, you go deer hunting without a knife and don't carry a pistol in an area with bears, dang if I would... :)
I think they just started allowing sidearms. Had two bears run at me in my front yard so...

Was also a 5 minute walk from my house. That’s why I didn’t have a knife.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I also still haven’t gotten a handgun. It’s only been about 8-9 years since I took the course in NC and I’ve even shot at a few comps with a Friend’s. I do need to get a lightweight 44 probably a Smith for when I’m hiking. Probably a crazy PA tax or some other new extortion though.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Plus I travel, a lot, so when living out of Hampton Inn and Delta you don’t have an option. At home I stay near the house and it’s all rural here so pretty much know everyone. I don’t go into the tourist trap downtown. Still planning to get one. Might be Relo ing again so it kind of puts things on hold