Crazy stuff at Weldon Boat ramp

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Had some really good fishing late yesterday on the Roanoke . Caught a bunch of Hicks and 1 nice white shad and got my first double of the year.

I saw a v Hull aluminum boat run up on a rock. Ouch! Evidently this was his first trip on the river.

I then saw a man put in a bayliner and not try to crank it until he was well off the ramp. Needless to say it would not start and he floated down past me and killed the battery. He then dove in with bow rope and swam the boat to shore. Then walked the boat upstream
get out on trees and pull the boat around. Bet he was cold.

I have video of both but havn't had a chance to go through all the clips and will post photos later of the 2 mishaps.

For now enjoy the fish pics and by the way they wanted Green grubs yesterday,

Video out in a 2 weeks or so.

4 videos behind. 1st is a good Bass and striper vid, second is a crappie video where a buddie and I catch 60-70 crappie 11-14 inches long.
Then the 3rd is my wife and I killing the Stripers on a local river and then the 4th is this one.

double on North carolina hickory shad.jpgNorth carolina white shad photo.jpg

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Good Looking fish mack. I suppose weldon might be prone to some wild sights this time of year.

yep some idiots out there.... I reviewed the film late last night and the boat going on the rock is just out of camera view. I had it in view straight ahead of me and it was a v hull and I was thinking he surely is stupid but I was concentrating on fishing and when it ran on top of the rock it was just out of view but I turn to it (hearing the crash) and you can see it sitting on the rock.

The guy with the non starting motor actually stripped down to his undies and dove in really shallow water. He is lucky to not have broken his neck.