Crappie tournaments

gobbler

Eight Pointer
Check out our Facebook page Central Carolina Crappie

we’re starting up a tournament trail this fall, got two divisions and pay special places for adult youth teams and if we have enough we’d like to add male/female awards aswell, just looking to grow the sport we love, check out it

first tournament is oct .30 on high rock

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

we’re starting up a tournament trail this fall, got two divisions and pay special places for adult youth teams and if we have enough we’d like to add male/female awards aswell, just looking to grow the sport we love, check out it

Looking forward to it

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
come one old man,,,just cause ya got burnt out on whisker fish tourneys don't mean they still aren't fun for others,,,,,
Oh I can see the allure to them. At least they are held during the day and you can take your azz home and get a good nights sleep. But you still mixing money with something that is supposed to be fun. That is ultimately what sours the whole pot. I know, I made a pretty good chunk of it for a while. Enough I got caught up completely in the chase for it. Maybe some folks can do it and not be obsessive, I can't.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
But you still mixing money with something that is supposed to be fun. That is ultimately what sours the whole pot.

I'm 100% with ya on that,,, I don't like big buck contests or any of that crap,,, it's hunting/fishing not a dang game

and excuse me for that "old man" bit,,,, you ain't that old,,,,,,,, :cool:

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Can you post a schedule on here for some of us who are interested but don't use facebook?

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Central Carolina Crappie
Rules

Rod limit in use at one time will be 12, no more than two (2) individual baits per rod.

There will be Two (2) divisions from which you can choose to fish, Traditional and Open. The Open division as the name implies will allow any legal method that falls within our rules and guidelines. The traditional division will exclude any active form of forward facing live sonar, in simple terms you may have either the transducer still attached to the boat but no head unit capable of transmitting the signal or you may have a live sonar capable head unit but no live sonar transducer, either or but not both.

To qualify for the championship 3 of the 5 regular season tournaments must have been entered, you may choose not to fish

The backbone of the central carolina crappie trail will be those rules set forth by the NCWRC, any violation of these will result in disqualification.

You may switch divisions throughout the season, but the division that is fished the most will be the one you fish in the championship

Points, $50 entry. There will be a points race throughout the regular season, points will be accumulated in each regular season tournament, starting with 60. You will be allowed to have one mulligan, so out of 5 regular season tournaments we will count your best 4. Points will not carry from one division to the other. If a team splits and one member joins another member from another team the points used will reflect the lowest finishes of the two members.

$50 membership (this is to help with startup costs, next season it will be lowered, any extra monies not used in the purchase of plaques, scales, etc will be paid back to the anglers at the championship)

Entry fee is $100 per tournament either division, the championship will be $200, must be a member to enter.

Since these are family oriented events used to promote the sport there will be no tolerance for alcohol or use thereof by any member during any event.

To help promote conservation and preserve our lakes, all healthy fish will be returned to the lake from which they came immediately after being wieghed.

7 Fish limit brought to the scales, 8 will result in a dq, no dead fish will be wieghed, big fish may have a marker attached for identification and will be wieghed first, minus the marker. Any additional object used to add wieght to the fish when brought to the scales will also result in a dq.

Fishing times will be from 7am to 2pm, wieghin will begin at 2:30pm and line closes at 3pm.

Livewell check/boat inspection is from 5:30am to 6:15am all boats every tournament must be checked. Once your boat is checked you may put in at any other public ramp on the designated lake.

Off limits period (boat not in the water) for each regular season tournament will be from sunset the evening prior until you get your livewell checked the morning of.

There will be no cell phone, radio or any other communication that aids in your fishing from, to, or by anyone, there are no two boat teams.

Teams will consist of only two people unless the other is a youth.

Youth as defined by the central carolina crappie trail is from ages of 5-15.

For a team to qualify for the top finishing adult/youth team, it must consist of just one adult.

Monies will be payed out 1 for every 5 boats entered in that division, of the $100 entry fee, $80 will go directly to the 1-5 payout, $10 will go to big fish and $10 will be saved back to be payed back at the championship, every event will be a 100% payback and any extra monies from sponsorship or membership fees not used for tournament costs will be payed back. This is a non profit trail.

Championship will consist of two days, the lakes will be by random drawing from the 7 major central nc lakes, (wylie, jordan, harris, tillery, high rock, badin, and tuckertown), the drawing will be held on March 1st and will be posted, those lakes will be off limits from that time forward until your livewell is checked the morning of the tournament.

We have tried our best to cover most events that take place, but due to any unforseen events the tournament director along with advice and council will make the final call on anything not covered.

Our goal is to create a fun, fair fishing environment where everyone
feels they have the same opportunity.

For any questions or clarifications or even advice or comments, please feel free to message or call me 336-301-6652

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
2021-2022 Schedule

Oct. 30 High Rock Livewell checks and wieghin at Tamarac

Nov.27 Badin Livewell checks and wieghin at Circle Drive

Dec. 18 Tillery Livewell checks and wieghin at Swift Island

Jan. 8 Wylie Livewell checks and wieghin at Buster Boyd

Feb. 5 Shearon Harris Livewell checks and wieghin at Cross Point

March 18-19 Championship lake(s) to be drawn for on march 1st