coyote advice

Southside

Ten Pointer
What would be the best method to use to take out a few coyotes? There have been 3 rather large ones seen around were I live. Twice they have all been seen together. Would setting up and calling be the best method? If so has anyone ever tried downloading calls and used them? Open to advice. I've never tried to hunt them seriously.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Try calling. If you don't get them try again a week or so later, then get you a decent trapper and get rid of those things.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you are serious about getting rid of them forgo the calling and get the trapper. The calling is fun but you aren't going to touch the population as a novice and that isn't being derogatory. Downloading calls is an effort in futility, you can get electronic calls relatively cheap now that are so much more superior.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
If you are serious about getting rid of them forgo the calling and get the trapper. The calling is fun but you aren't going to touch the population as a novice and that isn't being derogatory. Downloading calls is an effort in futility, you can get electronic calls relatively cheap now that are so much more superior.

He is right...

others maybe better than me but yotes are the hardest to call imo........grey fox...easy...bobcats, they come in slow but they come in. red fox , somewhat easy. yotes?....I am terrible at getting them to come in..... once they have been hunted or called you can forget about it, get a trapper or if you want to shoot one hunt over a gut pile or carcass.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Sounds like trapping would be the best route to take. Given the location i have a fear of trapping a neighbors dog or even possibly one of mine.

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
What would be the best method to use to take out a few coyotes? There have been 3 rather large ones seen around were I live. Twice they have all been seen together. Would setting up and calling be the best method? If so has anyone ever tried downloading calls and used them? Open to advice. I've never tried to hunt them seriously.

www.varmintal.com

I've called in a few with a homemade MP3 caller. It's hard to get volume without a decent amp'd speaker though.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
More fun to use night vision and whack em. But generally this requires a bait pile so they will show up more or less where you want them.