Cows gone wild on Jordan

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
@Newsome Road I feel you asked for a little more in-depth than my usual wit. I donā€™t have a dog in the fight but would hope every effort is made to locate the owner. I also know the owner may not wish to claim to avoid livestock at large charges and potential fines/reimbursement. Often a declaration at Courthouse for 30 days (sometimes less) and if no claims then you may assume ownership.

As far as the slaughter and processing comments, I feel many are taking the lighthearted path because a beef is not a small undertaking. Me personally, they are not my problem but if they were Iā€™d take them alive and get some wheels under them.

np307

Ten Pointer
I found some cow bones on Alcoa last year. Wouldn't have been a very far pack out but I wonder how many trips it would have taken...

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So we are all obviously "meat eaters" on this forum. I personally just like enjoying the outdoors. If I see wild game while I'm sitting in a tree, ground blind, or taking a hike in the forest thats a bonus. If at the time I have the resources and legal rights to harvest I consider that a good day. That given, I thought this thread was all tounge in cheek, and imagination gone wild. I wouldn't want to poach someone's lively hood. But the fantasy of harvesting wild beef in eastern/central nc is a fun conversation. My previous offer still stands. Have boat willing to travel. (Edit: and some extra parking passes to poe's ridge) Let's dream on fellas.

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I am aware of a feral cow on private land. Land owners have contacted surrounding landowners no one reports a missing cow. The sheriff department in that country has been contacted and they have no reports of anyone missing cow. Long and the short of it they can legally kill it. Dang thing is about destructive as a bear breaking feeders from what I hear.