Covid and hunting season

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Was thinking today, if Covid has a second wave this fall. The coastal counties may close their borders to “outsiders”. It would allow Hyde to keep us outsiders completely out of the county. Wonder how that would play out?

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Yeah, I pretty much agree that the folks with DTH won’t allow that to happen. Hunting has got to be the biggest revenue producer for mainland Hyde, after all it’s now known as the most popular place in the US to kill a trophy black bear. BIG bucks are spent on this.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
They will change the law so you have to have a "guest permit" sponsored by a land owner to get in the county.

I bet you would have to be a resident landowner. They required me to get apermit to enter the county as a non resident landowner.

Clark

Ten Pointer
I just got my permit to enter Atlantic Beach as a non-resident property owner. The town and my HOA are still sending nasty "we don't want you here" messages...

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
DTH might have a tough time convincing waterfowl hunters to pony up thousands for ducks after the season they had last year. Many of the clubs will be in the same boat.

mallardchaser

Button Buck
I only duck hunt at our place in Arkansas and things are going to change there as well. Already limiting the number of days that OOS'ers can hunt on refuges next it will the total # in the season.