Cousin's Pedestal Mount - 3 on the tree

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Just wanted to brag again on my buddy and taxidermist Craig Hall. I hooked my cousin who lives a few hours away up with Craig this past season. He wanted a pedestal mount similar to what Craig has done for my wife and me a few times in the past, except he wanted 3 deer on it instead of 2. Well, here it is. I thought it turned out pretty great. I just delivered it to my cuz last night, and needless to say, he was pretty tickled with it. It's kind of a cluttered pic with all those other deer in the background, but you'll get the gist.
IMG_9696.jpg

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Looks awesome, but how on earth did you transport that thing without damaging it?
Good question...and it's not a real easy thing to. But bwfarms is on the money - I hauled the pedestal and mounts in an enclosed trailer disassembled...with the mounts screwed to plywood which was screwed to the trailer floor. I had the pedestal part laying in the trailer long-ways, well supported so it couldn't jostle around. I wanted everything as secure as possible, just in case. I reassembled everything at my cousin's house. It went well, but it was a long and late evening!

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
The gist is yall kill some big deer! Nice!
Thanks! My cuz hunts all over; mostly eastern NC... but also Texas and Illinois. The three on the tree came from Texas over a few years. They aren't his biggest Texas bucks, but he liked the idea of a triple pedestal mount, and those were the three he had in the freezer to do it with. I thought it turned out pretty good.