• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

Cousin's Pedestal Mount - 3 on the tree

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Just wanted to brag again on my buddy and taxidermist Craig Hall. I hooked my cousin who lives a few hours away up with Craig this past season. He wanted a pedestal mount similar to what Craig has done for my wife and me a few times in the past, except he wanted 3 deer on it instead of 2. Well, here it is. I thought it turned out pretty great. I just delivered it to my cuz last night, and needless to say, he was pretty tickled with it. It's kind of a cluttered pic with all those other deer in the background, but you'll get the gist.
IMG_9696.jpg

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Looks awesome, but how on earth did you transport that thing without damaging it?
Good question...and it's not a real easy thing to. But bwfarms is on the money - I hauled the pedestal and mounts in an enclosed trailer disassembled...with the mounts screwed to plywood which was screwed to the trailer floor. I had the pedestal part laying in the trailer long-ways, well supported so it couldn't jostle around. I wanted everything as secure as possible, just in case. I reassembled everything at my cousin's house. It went well, but it was a long and late evening!

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
The gist is yall kill some big deer! Nice!
Thanks! My cuz hunts all over; mostly eastern NC... but also Texas and Illinois. The three on the tree came from Texas over a few years. They aren't his biggest Texas bucks, but he liked the idea of a triple pedestal mount, and those were the three he had in the freezer to do it with. I thought it turned out pretty good.