Countdown to Ohio Trip

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I leave on October 6th. I hunt the 7th - 9th. Trying to get all my stuff together, going through my checklist. It will be my first Ohio Hunt and I am excited about the opportunity.
It will be my second year not going to Ohio...dang it. Good luck and I hope the corn has been cut in your area. That seemed to be the deciding factor where we were hunting as far as daytime movement...the rut activity and cut corn. If those two were happening you wanted to sit tight all day.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck hope the weather cooperates and the deer on move. Ill be up that way in woods in few weeks just not after deer.

warhorse

Eight Pointer
I'll be heading up Vinton County Nov. 5. Hopefully the deer cooperate but cold beer next to the camp fire won't let me down. Good luck, i've heard the acorns are insane up there this year.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
It is going to be as hot in Ohio while I am there as it is here. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's. :mad:

NC Harley Rider

Four Pointer
Im hunting Ohio also this year first week of Gun Season, at Coshocton county Outfitters . This will be my first time hunting Ohio the hunt starts Nov. 26th I know this is post rut but hope there are a few left for me. Have any of you guys ever hunted that area? Im curious of your experience during shotgun season there.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^I was up there the day before gun opener...I ain't never seen so many punkin heads in my life....but that was on public:)

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Im hunting Ohio also this year first week of Gun Season, at Coshocton county Outfitters . This will be my first time hunting Ohio the hunt starts Nov. 26th I know this is post rut but hope there are a few left for me. Have any of you guys ever hunted that area? Im curious of your experience during shotgun season there.

I’ve bowhunted Knox and it was amazing. However, I’ve heard horror stories about gun.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You'll be on private should be OK never know you may hit it just right that is nice area for deer

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It is going to be as hot in Ohio while I am there as it is here. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's. :mad:
well so much for sitting midday since it's a new moon. You could really "prove" the moon position theory and get a 80 degree booner at high noon. :)

I wish you luck Banjo.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
well so much for sitting midday since it's a new moon. You could really "prove" the moon position theory and get a 80 degree booner at high noon. :)

I wish you luck Banjo.

Thank you. I have studied the moon position during my time there. The moon rise and moon set times ore good, overhead is 12:13 on the 7th, 1:04 on the 8th and 1:54 on the 9th. I may have to endure the heat. This is one of those trips that I am willing to suffer a little.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Thank you. I have studied the moon position during my time there. The moon rise and moon set times ore good, overhead is 12:13 on the 7th, 1:04 on the 8th and 1:54 on the 9th. I may have to endure the heat. This is one of those trips that I am willing to suffer a little.

Not Ohio but should be similar situation down there as here (working just North of Chicago). I’m seeing fresh rubs, most being anywhere acorns are falling which is everywhere it seems, the oaks are loaded up here! Deer are really hitting them hard. If it was me I’d be scouting with the stand on my back, jumping around and hunting the freshest buck and feeding sign I could find. The closer to any thick stuff (for potential bedding) the better.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Was just on 2 of my farms in Ohio this past weekend. Saw plenty of deer, a few bucks with the biggest being a 115" 8.

Acorns are heavy but Ohio has received a TON of rain, which means crops might get delayed coming out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Beautiful country and big bucks... doesn’t get much better than that. Good luck bud!