Countdown to Halloween

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Bout this time of day on Halloween, me and @Bluedogman will be gearing up to go coon hunting with his son and their pack of hounds. We don’t get to see each other much and after 2 years of friendship this’ll be the first time we’ve gotten to hunt together. Y’all should expect plenty of pics and a good story or two. I’ll have y’all know I’ve seen the footage of past hunts, and that boy of his runs a coon squaller with the heart of a grown man. Can’t wait.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
Bout this time of day on Halloween, me and @Bluedogman will be gearing up to go coon hunting with his son and their pack of hounds. We don’t get to see each other much and after 2 years of friendship this’ll be the first time we’ve gotten to hunt together. Y’all should expect plenty of pics and a good story or two. I’ll have y’all know I’ve seen the footage of past hunts, and that boy of his runs a coon squaller with the heart of a grown man. Can’t wait.
Gonna be a good time! You’re in for a treat! Hopefully no tricks in the woods!!

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
Really I think it’s anything that makes noise haha my son is soon to be 7 but I gotta say he ain’t half bad on a squaller. There’s been a few times so far I ain’t had to hit mine. Him on the squaller gets them to look.. up until then I’ve been a solo hunter the majority of the time the extra eyes and call on the ground have been quite nice haha

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Gonna be a good time! You’re in for a treat! Hopefully no tricks in the woods!!
Something tells me if there was any tricks...it would be you playing one on me
what is it with little kids and game calls? my grandson (6) loves my deer calls, coon squallers, grunt call,,,he don't care, he will blow on them till Granny yells!!
That’s my favorite part about @Bluedogman ‘s videos he sends me. His son running that squaller. He’s pretty good actually.
Good stuff right there. Love these kind of hunts and love hearing about them.
Thanks, WC. It’ll be a great time no matter what happens. We will take some pics for sure

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Well we had a good Halloween hunt. It was half trick and half treat. Turned loose on a new piece of ground. Had the dogs up and down between a ridge and a creek trying to work out a track but didn’t connect. Next thing you know the dogs headed down the road. In no time they ended up on a different ridge 120 yds from the road . It was showing that they were treed but we thought they were at someone’s house getting petted or scolded or something cuz we couldn’t hear em. Once we got lined out where they were, we knew they weren’t at a house...no road, no driveway, no 2 track, no logging roads, no nothing. Got up there and they had a coon go down into a burrow underground. Both dogs were digging to China trying to get that thing. They sounded great and we had a blast watching them tire themselves out digging. Actually worked out good cuz right behind the hole was a blown down tree at a perfect angle for a dog to get 30’ up chasing a coon and get hurt. Me and @Bluedogman been waiting 2 years to hunt together and we had a great time. It was a pleasure having my wife and his son with us. His son is good with the garmin and being able to tell what the dogs are doing based on their mouths. All in all, a great night.
DFCA7707-4351-4465-85E1-9836BB1BF141.jpegE61AB874-E947-45C2-9C99-55F087ADC664.jpeg20DA78B4-614E-4E11-8ACB-C343B0A3CCB9.jpeg