Countdown begins

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
current was even stronger today. Likely helped by the 20mph west winds blowing right down the river at town commons. fished 30 minutes until I couldn't feel my hands and had zero bites so I packed it up.

JD1107

I got the wife out today for a few hours. First spot where they had been slowly producing was dead. Moved to the second spot and it was on. I caught and released 20 within 45 mins. Would have kept going, but it didn’t take long before the wife was cold and ready to go.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I got the wife out today for a few hours. First spot where they had been slowly producing was dead. Moved to the second spot and it was on. I caught and released 20 within 45 mins. Would have kept going, but it didn’t take long before the wife was cold and ready to go.

Got off work this morning and headed down to the commons. Slow bite with fish being caught in spurts. Some really nice size shad too. Caught 6 in 2 hours myself the others caught handfuls here and there. I head to leave at 12 and the bite was exploding then. There were 7 hookups/catches in the last 10 minutes i was there.

Funnest part of the day was there was a guy from michigan who had never shad fished. Had never even heard of it until last night at work. Got to help with some tips and got to watch him catch his first couple shad. He was shocked by their strength.

Attachments

• 20200302_093401.jpg
    20200302_093401.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 42

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Got off work this morning and headed down to the commons. Slow bite with fish being caught in spurts. Some really nice size shad too. Caught 6 in 2 hours myself the others caught handfuls here and there. I head to leave at 12 and the bite was exploding then. There were 7 hookups/catches in the last 10 minutes i was there.

Funnest part of the day was there was a guy from michigan who had never shad fished. Had never even heard of it until last night at work. Got to help with some tips and got to watch him catch his first couple shad. He was shocked by their strength.
dear shaggy-
please see all the ego posts that anglers across the world post on FB, etc, so that you can learn how to make a fish look bigger than a minnow.
you are welcome.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
well about that shoe size. it's looking tiny as well and you know what they say ..... :greenjump:
Big shoes.............big socks.

Buying big shoes sucks, everything has to be ordered online. And when it comes to chest waders, rubber boots, snake boots or any other "specialty" footwear it really sucks.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Big shoes.............big socks.

my wife don't like my similar jokes on that,,,

big feet = big shoes

big head = buy big hats

big hands - big gloves,,

etc ad nauseum,,,but never the "expected" answer,,,that's too mundane,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
my wife don't like my similar jokes on that,,,

big feet = big shoes

big head = buy big hats

big hands - big gloves,,

etc ad nauseum,,,but never the "expected" answer,,,that's too mundane,,,
As you well know and especially before I lost weight I was a pretty healthy fellow but I have all the attributes, big feet, head etc. But I have amazingly small hands for someone my size. I guess that is one of several reasons I like 1911s so much. Double stack stuff never has fit me as well as they do.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Gonna try to get some more pictures friday!!!! Inhate in had to leave the other the bite was really picking up.

I may make a shad run this weekend - water levels where I normally fish from shore are tough,,,,,

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
fished town commons 10:30-11:30
only 2, saw 2 other caught.

Attachments

• 20200305_105623.jpg
    20200305_105623.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 15

JD1107

Got my dad out on the shad action today. This was only his second time shad fishing and he had a blast! We caught over 60 today between the two of us. I’ve caught over 100 in the last three trips to this same spot on the tar.
7ECD3A75-F9D1-47D1-8429-0FC3A90923C6.jpeg