Could virus affect turkey season?

brknarrow1970

Six Pointer
Western Tenn, one of the guys that used to work me has a family farm , about an north of Jackson- same here will be the first time hunting TN

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If you guys are in right counties in Tenn you gonna have a ball
We are headed to Marshall county. Have 200+ acres of private to hunt that is supposedly loaded with turkeys

If not, Maury county is next door and has some top notch game land (rather not mention the name)

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Well you guys with plans to head to Nebraska might be in for a surprise, I just went to the website to look at tag price and you can’t buy non-resident turkey permits online. Whether you can in person or not I’m not sure.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well you guys with plans to head to Nebraska might be in for a surprise, I just went to the website to look at tag price and you can’t buy non-resident turkey permits online. Whether you can in person or not I’m not sure.
Dang fire lot turkeys gonna live. I just wonder about outfitters its big deal there with turkey hunts from now till end May

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Kansas said anyone coming from Colorado has to quarantine for 14 days, which a ton of Colorado guys head to Kansas to hunt turkeys. So we will see if that rule is followed or not. Which also brings up the point these stay at home orders have the “self quarantine for 14 days” provision if coming back from a different/county state, I know Haywood is if gone more than 3 days. So any of us that travel out of our county to hunt and are gone more than a few days could be subject to this (no way to enforce it IMO though)

Randy

Ten Pointer

I'll have to look into that. Already have a deposit on a hunt 2nd week of May.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
did you immediately start thinking about going there next year? Sad to say but That was my second thought. :)
Me and my buddy had some tentative plans to go this year but his work messed with his vacation so its definately a possible location next may. Have 3 May spots like hit so gonna have make tough decisions. I know guy runs outfit out there I sent him message last night see what he gonna do curious see what he says since they have already started archery hunts.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Kansas said anyone coming from Colorado has to quarantine for 14 days, which a ton of Colorado guys head to Kansas to hunt turkeys. So we will see if that rule is followed or not. Which also brings up the point these stay at home orders have the “self quarantine for 14 days” provision if coming back from a different/county state, I know Haywood is if gone more than 3 days. So any of us that travel out of our county to hunt and are gone more than a few days could be subject to this (no way to enforce it IMO though)
Yup no way in force that mess I wouldn't even give it 2nd thought. Now the cutting out non res tags is enforcing it especially since they only got little over 100 cases. I haven't looked but I'd bet most them are Omaha and Lincoln area. Most of Ks Neb SD live that social distance year round from areas I've hunted

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Yea I hope you guys with plans can still buy a license considering non-residents have already been archery hunting out there. No clue how you can allow those who already bought licenses to hunt when you just suddenly stop selling them and they are a unlimited quota permit/tag. I went back on there earlier to see if maybe it was just a website hiccup last night but still no option to buy a non-resident tag unless it’s a landowner one, which I missed that last night.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
If anyone is planning to hunt Columbus county you are going to get started after 5 am . Curfew now in effect from 10pm to 5 am . Sheriff said his office will be enforcing it 🤔

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
If anyone is planning to hunt Columbus county you are going to get started after 5 am . Curfew now in effect from 10pm to 5 am . Sheriff said his office will be enforcing it 🤔
I haven’t figured out these curfews yet, I can somewhat understand everything else (even if I have to stretch logic to get there) but curfews are indefensible when it comes to this.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Confirmation from a guide in Nebraska:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Neb will do press release later expecting hear no more non res tags sold and non res that have already bought can only hunt private we'll see when its official later today. Also heard couple other nearby states considering but no decision

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well at the rate they are killing them in columbus you dont have to get there too early.

better check and see if the person putting in that curfew is a turkey hunter. Trying to hoard them up. :)

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
I have made a personal decision to just comply with regulations that have sprung forth from the virus outbreak. Don't care if I can get away with anything or whether the rules are enforceable.

This is for the greater good, and personally I don't care if I kill another turkey or not. I have killed about 15 over the last 10 years and more before that. To each their own. God bless and stay healthy.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Your choice and I respect it but for me I ain't giving up turkey season and I'm not going to have 6 ft contact with anyone that I guarantee. Last year wasn't within thousand yards of another hunter when killed both and that's way it is most as far as food I use cooler anyway and gas well I'd be buying it to work if wasn't hunting. To be 100% honest I'm doing world more of favor by taking time off to hunt more I'm at work more I'm exposed

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
well at the rate they are killing them in columbus you dont have to get there too early.

better check and see if the person putting in that curfew is a turkey hunter. Trying to hoard them up. :)
I was just letting everyone know that a curfew is in place. Do not go there to turkey hunt. Head West