Could Use a Prayer or Two

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Newish guy here, but have been appreciating all the good advice and posts.

The other week was my 33rd birthday. This was a milestone birthday as in the past few years I've buried my mom and grandma. Birthdays since then have been dull. Few years I didn't even celebrate it other than the customary dinner with friends and family. But, this year was the first being able to celebrate it with my better half. She took out all the stops, we went to a movie, Sticky Fingers in Concord, Bass Pros and Cabelas, and then spent the day out at the lease doing some scouting and setting up cams. It would have been perfect except for the call we all dread getting.

My grandpa is declining in health, and is now on hospice. Current outlook is good. Nurse told my step-grandma that she'd be shocked if it happened before summer. However, what little coherency he has he spends telling others he's ready to go home to the Lord. I've been down this road twice with my mom and grandma and know that it could be any time once on hospice. Especially if they feel ready to go.

My grandpa and I have the old school relationship. One built on respect and shared interests. Every phone call would gravitate to deer hunting within a few minutes of the call. Even though he wasn't all there, when I made my decision to move from TX to NC for my girlfriend, you can tell he was proud and happy. My parents may have taught me how to hunt and fish, but he helped teach me to love and respect it.

I feel horrible for his wife. She's a good kind hearted person, but has her hands full.

If you could find the time to keep my family in your thoughts/prayers, I'd appreciate it.

In other news, his 7month old german shorthaired needed a home so we have dog number 3 in our house. Felt the best way for me to honor him would be to give his dog a loving home. I'll be keeping an eye for some bird hunting opportunities in the future. My lab was supposed to be a bird dog, but ended up being gun shy. I had shelved bird hunting for the past few years due to that, looking forward to getting back into it.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Thanks, yall. Much appreciated

Checked out the verse in your signature, hit close to home today. Haven't read Romans in awhile. Thanks for it.

That’s one of my favorite verses! Knowing nothing can separate us from Gods love is very comforting!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You've been fortunate to have such a long relationship with your grandfather.
Prayers sent for comfort and strength.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Prayer sent. I bet your grandpa feels really good about someone in the family adopting his dog. I know I would.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Prayer sent. I bet your grandpa feels really good about someone in the family adopting his dog. I know I would.

It's giving me some peace about all this too. Funny we had been throwing around a new puppy for a few months but felt it wasn't the right time. Now we can't picture not getting her. Strange how all that works out.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks all. He passed away on the 22nd in his sleep. Thankful that I was able to make it up there the week prior to say goodbye. Puppy is a handful to say the least, but she's a good pup.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for your loss! Never forget the memories/treasured time of had.

Most of all grieve... and don’t be ashamed of it. It’s normal but an emotional roller coaster